Early start tomorrow

Geoff

Joyce is booked in for a Laser operation at 8.30AM tomorrow. She has developed a small lump on the back of her tongue on what is known as  the left Lingual tonsil. After removal as  standard practice they will send it for a biopsy, but the consultant told us that he thinks it should be clear. I do hope  so. It is day surgery, but she has had to have a CV test. We both have to totally self isolate for a couple of weeks (already started). Geoff.

Hi Neil,thanks for your interest, She had the operation this morning - it only took about 20 minutes. Her tongue is sore, but paracetamol every 4 hours is helping that. It must have been a bit uncomfortable for  her as one person was pulling her tongue out as far as possible while the other went in with the lazer cutter. Joyce is milking it a bit today (I have to sort out the meals), but she is only eating soft food and drinking almost cold tea. I am very pleased and relieved to say that she is doing very well and the hospital said there is nothing to worry about. Geoff.

I

13 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Hi Neil,thanks for your interest, She had the operation this morning - it only took about 20 minutes. Her tongue is sore, but paracetamol every 4 hours is helping that. It must have been a bit uncomfortable for  her as one person was pulling her tongue out as far as possible while the other went in with the lazer cutter. Joyce is milking it a bit today (I have to sort out the meals), but she is only eating soft food and drinking almost cold tea. I am very pleased and relieved to say that she is doing very well and the hospital said there is nothing to worry about. Geoff.

I

Excellent news Geoff! 👍🏻

Thanks from Joyce for support from forum members, and thanks also from me.  We just  hope that is the end of it now. I think that it is amazing how good modern laser surgery is, and that she was lucky to avoid any lockdown delays.  Geoff.