Good morning from Moonlighter

moonlighter

Gretings All.

By way of introduction I am a near 60 year old life long angler having been bitten by the bug at the age of 4 fishing off the inner harbour wall in Brixham.

I live in surrey and have fished and boated as mush as possible since those early days.

I have been fortunate enough to have fished with some great skippers and with plenty of good anglers whilst chartering and on my own boat.

Dave Fellick taught me a lot about ground fishing and seasonal fish movements out of Littlehampton (my go-to port with my Icelander 18) and Chris Martin of Nikaria fame taught me so much about wrecking for which I am very grateful. Others such as Kevin Benham and Roger Bysand were great help too.

I hope that this Covid bug gets beaten soon and we can all get out and enjoy fishing and the great outdoors.

Best wishes and tight lines to you all. John (Moonlighter)

49 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Welcome John. We have another Outlaw here, @Jupiters Moon, who fishes out of Littlehampton too. That's an impressive beast in your profile pic! What weight did it go to??

Andy,

She weighed 26lb and was caught on my 50th birthday fishing out of Newhaven

1 hour ago, moonlighter said:

Andy,

She weighed 26lb and was caught on my 50th birthday fishing out of Newhaven

What a beauty! That's a fish of a lifetime. They don't make 'em like that any more, sadly.

What did she take? Some form of lure I'm guessing? Post up the story in the PB Gallery here: https://www.offshoreoutlaws.co.uk/forum/28-pb-gallery/

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

What a beauty! That's a fish of a lifetime. They don't make 'em like that any more, sadly.

What did she take? Some form of lure I'm guessing? Post up the story in the PB Gallery here: https://www.offshoreoutlaws.co.uk/forum/28-pb-gallery/

Andy,

She was caught on legered cuttle gut, my favourite Cod and Conger bait, in early December.