A few more pics

jetty jumper

19 hours ago, JDP said:

I like the look of that last fish, very spectacular. The image that looks like a night shot or possibly edited that way is a good sized bass, was that a glow soft plastic.

I don’t know if he used a glow soft plastics or a regular one. Billy is an incredible fisherman. He is one of those guys that will research every spices in detail before he goes out. I guess it must work for him.   He is also a spear fisherman. 

Edited by jetty jumper

32 minutes ago, jetty jumper said:

I don’t know if he used a glow soft plastics or a regular one. Billy is an incredible fisherman. He is one of those guys that will research every spices in detail before he goes out. I guess it must work for him.   He is also a spear fisherman. 

Spearfishing gives you incredible insight to not only underwater hunting but also rod and reel fishing. 

17 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I'd imagine it's a bit hard to cast though, what with all that resistance!  

A place called warden ledge on the IOW (solent) was once one of my favourite bass locations. I could snorkel out, find the fish and take a rod with me. Once I found a patch with bass I would roll onto my back and flick lures at them. Once a fish was hooked I would swim all the way back to shore on my back towing the fish behind!!!!!....used to get some funny looks from people walking the sea wall. Also fished that same spot using a longboard. As you would imagine my reels copped a flogging.

The things you do as a kid when you are so keen, I see it now with my own kids.

4 hours ago, JDP said:

Once I found a patch with bass I would roll onto my back and flick lures at them. Once a fish was hooked I would swim all the way back to shore on my back towing the fish behind!!!!!...

I'm calling you out on that one Jon! 
I love your tales, but that's beyond belief. The longboard yeah.

6 hours ago, JDP said:

A place called warden ledge on the IOW (solent) was once one of my favourite bass locations. I could snorkel out, find the fish and take a rod with me. Once I found a patch with bass I would roll onto my back and flick lures at them. Once a fish was hooked I would swim all the way back to shore on my back towing the fish behind!!!!!....used to get some funny looks from people walking the sea wall. Also fished that same spot using a longboard. As you would imagine my reels copped a flogging.

The things you do as a kid when you are so keen, I see it now with my own kids.

That reminds me of when I used to strap sea turtles to my feet to help me chase narwhals with my spear gun along Southend sea front. 

18 hours ago, JonC said:

That reminds me of when I used to strap sea turtles to my feet to help me chase narwhals with my spear gun along Southend sea front. 

Is that why you a breeding them again. I wouldn't stand on those hatchlings until you drop a few kg's. Not saying you're fat but I'm also not saying your not💋

19 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I'm calling you out on that one Jon! 
I love your tales, but that's beyond belief. The longboard yeah.

100% true on both accounts, though more was done on the longboard. Without the board I would sometimes get the small boats from Colwell bay keep coming over thinking I was in trouble. Also did that style of fishing with another young fella who still lives on the IOW but doesn't really fish anymore, think he was more into the unusual ways to fish than normal stuff. That was before I discovered a decent speargun was easier. Spearguns available in the UK back then were very poor.

I did try it here in a river with very strong current, which I soon gave up on after catching a few bream. Much easier to spear them.