West Wales Reefing

Odyssey

Safe to say there are lots of pollack about. We (Em mainly) filled the cool box in a few drifts on Saturday. Some lovely eating fish in the 4-5lb class. Quite a few smaller fish of 1/2lb. It was like 2 classes of fish out there. 

Silver dreams doing the business. Lots of scad snd a wrasse too so a good day out in the sunshin. Followed up by a bit of kayaking where I tried for a bass but nothing doing on the shallow reefs. 

Weatger not looking great but back out on sharks now… Also hopefully Tuna crewing so a fun autumn planned 🙂 

Edited by Odyssey

Day 2 of weekend was mucking about in the water as Em had her mate down so no fishing but with mid 30s and sunshine it was g too hard to sit there and enjoy a welsh summer with friends 

Pippa the dog had a great time chasing a ball in the sea 🙂 

So pics are of my anchorage post fishing, the fry up that Em and her mate cooked up 🙂 and pan fried pollack with harissa new potatoes and mixed veg 🙂 

more pictures of cute dogs and Pembrokeshire scenery on request 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Odyssey

21 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Safe to say there are lots of pollack about. We (Em mainly) filled the cool box in a few drifts on Saturday. Some lovely eating fish in the 4-5lb class. Quite a few smaller fish of 1/2lb. It was like 2 classes of fish out there. 

That is what I really like about the wrecks and reefs, you never know what is going to pick up the lure, sometimes you can end up with a real mixed bag, but usually very enjoyable fishing.

36 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

That is what I really like about the wrecks and reefs, you never know what is going to pick up the lure, sometimes you can end up with a real mixed bag, but usually very enjoyable fishing.

Was a 20 min run to the reefs, 2 hours of a mixed bag followed by a chill out in tbd sunshine makes a nice change of the 2 hour run out to the deeps for the big stuff… especially in 35deg heat… 

Couple of nice wrasse, a small cod, loads of scad sadly no mackerel but still good fun 🙂 

Edited by Odyssey