New 6-12 lb class recommendations?

Oh, I'm good at lobbing rods over side, this year on the skerries I put down a Kenzaki 12 -20 complete with a Fin nor MA12, forgot it was there and accidently knocked it into the drink ! ............. shit happens.

A good  6 -12 is the Diawa Kenzaki, but even better is the Super Kenzaki 6 -15 (SKZB8015-BU) ........... these rods are excellent and not too expensive at £140. Lovely soft tip which detects the minutest of bites, with a whole load of power coming the mid section and butt.

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Oh, I'm good at lobbing rods over side, this year on the skerries I put down a Kenzaki 12 -20 complete with a Fin nor MA12, forgot it was there and accidently knocked it into the drink ! ............. shit happens.

A good  6 -12 is the Diawa Kenzaki, but even better is the Super Kenzaki 6 -15 (SKZB8015-BU) ........... these rods are excellent and not too expensive at £140. Lovely soft tip which detects the minutest of bites, with a whole load of power coming the mid section and butt.

What FS reel (left handed🤣) would you couple it with?

5 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Left handed FS reels and RH multi’s are for normal folk. RH FS reels and LH multi’s are for flids 🤣

The rod I quoted is ringed for a multi, but Diawa have a FS option in the Kenzaki rod line up. I will look it up later.

I am in the process of changing all the boat rods over to the Super kenzaki’s.

24 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

The Super Kenzaki ringed for FS is only made in the 6 -12 option (SKZB7612FS-BU)

The FS reel I would match with that rod would be a Penn Slammer IV (probably a 4500, 5000, or 5500)

I have the orange Super Kenzakis (the mk 2 version I believe) and I find them a bit floppy. Not tried the newer blue versions that come with FS rings, but if they're the same or similar blanks then they will be very different from the Zziplex action which is more tippy IIRC.

@Saintly Fish if you're looking for a similar action then TBH I would go for an Ugly Stik 8-12lb. It's cheaper too so when it takes an unscheduled swim it won't break the bank.

26 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

The Super Kenzaki ringed for FS is only made in the 6 -12 option (SKZB7612FS-BU)

The FS reel I would match with that rod would be a Penn Slammer IV (probably a 4500, 5000, or 5500)

The slammer is a bit expensive, and I've never found Penn FS reels cope well with salty conditions! Think I'll look for another Shimano. 

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

The slammer is a bit expensive, and I've never found Penn FS reels cope well with salty conditions! Think I'll look for another Shimano. 

The Penn slammer is a water proof sea reel. Although I am a great fan of Shimano, the component quality is not what it was. As an example, I have a couple of 12 year old charter specials that have never given any trouble and never been apart, but I find on the newer charter specials, I am having to replace the bearings every couple of years.

12 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

The Penn slammer is a water proof sea reel. Although I am a great fan of Shimano, the component quality is not what it was. As an example, I have a couple of 12 year old charter specials that have never given any trouble and never been apart, but I find on the newer charter specials, I am having to replace the bearings every couple of years.

Think I'll probably just utilise the Penn dynobraid with a small 12 size multi. 
If I can find a LH version!!

6 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

a small 12 size multi. 
If I can find a LH version!!

Small multi you say? LH you say?

https://www.rokmax.com/shop/avet-sx-5-3-reel.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjbyYBhCdARIsAArC6LLZhALMDbtnFaIEDnx4pS_pTFw6kGAoPx7ucNXslO4ld9rcA0e4igkaAk1pEALw_wcB

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Thanks, but a bit tu steep. And the colours all wrong!!!

29 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Thanks, but a bit tu steep. And the colours all wrong!!!

I can see you didn't look at the link very closely - the LH version only comes in bare aluminium. Shame though, as the pink anodised option would have been right up your street.

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I can see you didn't look at the link very closely - the LH version only comes in bare aluminium. Shame though, as the pink anodised option would have been right up your street.

I did look, the camo was more me. you know I don't like to be front of house, more blend in!! Still, price is way high as I don't own my own Berkshire estate.

Maybe a second hand one would be ok. I know they are good as I have an ali one for my uptider.

This is probably the contender, unless others can chip in an idea??

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362457765203?hash=item54642a9553:g:GUgAAOSwcWJbwgZV&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4CQLzM%2BVQFygEYNMbfLpAQlvcll9m3gCs6qFTRYxTynLhEcNoZdaUPJxSQN%2FwZ0LbIzG6dmWKeR1cqNTp%2FRJ%2FLOHEyMLvArMWJVgbJp6nWmDZ3XTFDiqW%2FPdKEtGaOCPqo7DmQ5WAGCa7vuwwp22veSWes0hksgQGf2braogIFgLrMLenzFdBQfILMNVzTMMIUPwP3%2BtEGeAZUG0MZ1wMV72E7PNuZB3%2BWO8ve77Er5Nk2ZDfYTY5UcChDBy3rNuI3gg%2FNPLuHxux2TeNOTA%2FlH1WlT3PStqIwi9Y4iA51ch%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4b6wMXeYA

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Kin’ell, you are so tight that you squeak when you walk 🤣

TIGHT??? Now there is a word that I'm not usually associated with!!

That Dynobraid has sat unused since I bought it, so may as well put it to use!

Now, get on with recommending a small Left hand level wind multiplier that's decent..