RIP Liz

Andy135

70 years she has lived through 2nd world war, dealt with her fathers death when she was young, stuck on the throne at a young age with the world watching her every move and lived through some pretty momentous moments of the 20th century all remaining politically neutral which must of been a bit of a challenge….

Then losing her husband after 73 years and sittitng alone in the funeral…. She had a tough gig… 

I know she had money etc but she never had much privacy…. So yes, I respected. RIP

5 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

70 years she has lived through 2nd world war, dealt with her fathers death when she was young, stuck on the throne at a young age with the world watching her every move and lived through some pretty momentous moments of the 20th century all remaining politically neutral which must of been a bit of a challenge….

Then losing her husband after 73 years and sittitng alone in the funeral…. She had a tough gig… 

I know she had money etc but she never had much privacy…. So yes, I respected. RIP

Well said.

A very said day, I personally think that our country has lost the best monarch that we have ever (or are likely to get) had. Having said that - "Long live the King". King. I know that King Charles 3rd. has had the longest apprenticeship ever. Geoff.

Bon voyage Queen Elizabeth 2nd. RIP. Geoff.

Tomorrow dawns a very new day where so much but so little has changed. There are very few people who can remember a time when Elizabeth was not our queen. She had been on the throne 25 years when I was 11, I still have the mug that every kid was given....... She spanned a life that encompassed so much change that the country is unrecognisable in many ways, yet she was a constant.

The Queen is dead, long live the Queen