Friday 13th - Milford shingle live!

Andy135

15 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Just missed a whopping bite. Proper pull down. Took the butt off the shingle...

Also had dogfish #2.

Neil is still blanking so far... 😁

Crab bite? They always give one good tug. 

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Well, two dogfish and a pin whiting was my lot tonight. Not the worlds best session but then again, at least I didn't blank... eh, Fishy 😉

Well done guys .............. I find that general shore fishing is way too hard work, so it would only be estuary shore fishing for me these days, and even that would be a rarity ......

20 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes a blank evening for me😩 still it was nice to be out with Leo and Andy. 
Leos first night time shore trip so he was well prepared.

DB8B787A-7E24-4279-B7FB-9F00C28E398A.jpeg.065293555f3293e4ccd31d933aa0f957.jpeg

Well done all of you for getting out and Andy for catching his favourites. Leo looks well excited for his first night on the beach. Geoff.

Thanks all. It was good to be out, even if the fish were a bit thin on the ground. It was quite busy on the shingle with anglers every 50 yards from the bridge to the elbow.

We didn't see or hear of anyone else catching anything good, but when we left around 10.30pm there were still plenty of anglers trying their luck.

@JonC, you'll be pleased to know there were no bird-nests, crack offs or tackle losses this time. 👍😁

16 minutes ago, Maverick said:

This post reminds me of why I gave up beach fishing near 30 years ago lol, Thanks for post Andy

🤣 Yep, it's a poor substitute for boat angling, but when it's too rough to get afloat at least it scratches the itch... 

26 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

🤣 Yep, it's a poor substitute for boat angling, but when it's too rough to get afloat at least it scratches the itch... 

I’m hatching a plan for tonight. Spare rag worm on the river for flounders. Am I man enough to brave the weather (shadow wants to come too)?

27 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’m hatching a plan for tonight. Spare rag worm on the river for flounders. Am I man enough to brave the weather (shadow wants to come too)?

Do it! River could be well coloured with all this rain we're having... feeding trigger for fish? Bugs and worms washed into the river etc?

16 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Oh your up for it then !!

Always up for it but its home-made pizza night tonight and I'm the pizza chef (just call me Luigi!) so I would be in the doghouse if I left everyone hungry in order to go fishing 😤🤣