Woke

Saintly Fish

21 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

E1194823-982B-47CD-8060-5EDA9B9EA0BE.jpeg.42c0d8e0bfe9d2a7778c308c897c16e2.jpeg

Another one that is too close to the truth to be funny! what on earth has happened to the "freedom of speech" that we were taught was so important. I know that we are not even allowed to express our own thoughts even on here. We are not allowed to do or say anything that might offend others  It does not matter that I personally am deeply offended by the statements and actions of those that deeply offend me. We - the silently majority IMHO just have to put up with it. How on earth have we allowed this to happen. Just like the girl (am I allowed to say that without asking her preferred gender selection) asked the meaning of the word WOKE I do not have a clue, although I do suspect the answer is as close as it gets to the truth. Geoff.

8 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Another one that is too close to the truth to be funny! what on earth has happened to the "freedom of speech" that we were taught was so important. I know that we are not even allowed to express our own thoughts even on here. We are not allowed to do or say anything that might offend others  It does not matter that I personally am deeply offended by the statements and actions of those that deeply offend me. We - the silently majority IMHO just have to put up with it. How on earth have we allowed this to happen. Just like the girl (am I allowed to say that without asking her preferred gender selection) asked the meaning of the word WOKE I do not have a clue, although I do suspect the answer is as close as it gets to the truth. Geoff.

I actually thought "the girl" looked a bit like you Geoff!  🤣

In your younger years of course! 

You are free to say what you want on here Geoff, the only request we have is "no politics". A conversation about what you feel is woke or about lgbgtq+ or what ever is most welcome. 

16 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I actually thought "the girl" looked a bit like you Geoff!  

In your younger years of course! 

No, it's just my chubby cheeks Neil. What I do not understand about all the gender selection is why today there are millions of people who claim to have been born with the wrong wedding tackle etc. I went to a boys school and spent time in the forces, and quite literally never was aware that there were any "confused" fellas. today we have millions of them. Not speaking politics, but in my mind it is because the schools and universities are staffed by left/liberals who actually teach our youngsters what "normal" behaviour. There probably always have been a few people that may have had certain leanings, and what what consenting adults do in their private premises is entirely their own  business. Rant over for now. This is supposed to be humorous! Geoff. 

36 minutes ago, Geoff said:

there are millions of people who claim to have been born with the wrong wedding tackle etc.

There are not millions Geoff. There is a small percentage, it's just that the news casters exaggerate these things for ratings imo. 
I think you are correct about the lefty teachers however. 

49 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

There are not millions Geoff. There is a small percentage, it's just that the news casters exaggerate these things for ratings imo. 
I think you are correct about the lefty teachers however. 

It starts at primary, I had a right go at one of Mikey's teachers when they were trying to tell teach them that hunting and fishing is a bad thing..... I believe I pointed out that getting kicked around by an angry biker is far worse, so stop filling my kids heads full of nonsense and stick to the curriculum

3 hours ago, suzook12 said:

It starts at primary, I had a right go at one of Mikey's teachers when they were trying to tell teach them that hunting and fishing is a bad thing..... I believe I pointed out that getting kicked around by an angry biker is far worse, so stop filling my kids heads full of nonsense and stick to the curriculum

Sorry Steve - that is the curriculum now. This so called WOKE nonsense is everywhere - just look at the adverts on TV and you will see what I mean. The people and situations shown in the adverts are just designed to brainwash us all into accepting that is the norm - and the youngsters are taught that and believe that is now the correct way to behave. What have we allowed to happen to our behaviour and beliefs? Geoff. This had better be moved from here as it certainly does not come under the title humour - it is certainly not funny. Geoff.

Edited by Geoff
grammar

I believe we're on the cusp of anti-woke/post-woke thinking. Too much noise by a small minority imposing their views on other (dare I say normal?) people has started to cause a feeling of "enough is enough". Long overdue in my view.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

I believe we're on the cusp of anti-woke/post-woke thinking. Too much noise by a small minority imposing their views on other (dare I say normal?) people has started to cause a feeling of "enough is enough". Long overdue in my view.

I do hope that will prove to be the case Andy, but I fear it will not. the whole of our establishment seems committed  to upholding (and encouraging) these views, be schools, universities, courts, the police and most politicians. Geoff.

Is the hole/whole woke thing really that big a deal? I hear the words all the time but in reality I have very little experience of political correctness, I think the whole  thing is vastly over exaggerated to gee up the masses against something that isn’t really there. Are gender neutral toilets really that big a deal? 

32 minutes ago, JonC said:

Is the hole/whole woke thing really that big a deal? I hear the words all the time but in reality I have very little experience of political correctness, I think the whole  thing is vastly over exaggerated to gee up the masses against something that isn’t really there. Are gender neutral toilets really that big a deal? 

Didn't I already make that point in post #5?

On 11/14/2022 at 6:34 PM, JonC said:

I don’t know I didn’t really read it . Just hear the word so much that I get frustrated by people that keep moaning 

Comments like that just encourage that behaviour. You just let the WOKERS much a fuss and pretend it does not matter, nobody really cares and before long the minority views just become the norm. I personally am sick of the way that these opinions are pushed at us from all directions. If you disagree with something your views should be expressed rather than just shrugging the matter off. THAT is the thin end of the wedge. GPS hit the nail on the head as to what gender you are. Geoff.

Edited by Geoff
missed out the word long. G

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Comments like that just encourage that behaviour. You just let the WOKERS much a fuss and pretend it does not matter, nobody really cares and before the minority views just become the norm. I personally am sick of the way that these opinions are pushed at us from all directions. If you disagree with something your views should be expressed rather than just shrugging the matter off. THAT is the thin end of the wedge. GPS hit the nail on the head as to what gender you are. Geoff.

@GPSguruis just in a sulk because he’s been advised not to go to watch the World Cup in qatar

58 minutes ago, JonC said:

@GPSguruis just in a sulk because he’s been advised not to go to watch the World Cup in qatar

I have worked in Qatar and Abu Dhabi,  the latter being the best.

Feck’in poofs like you would need to be careful in these countries, TBH, I am surprised that you even know where it is in the world, being outside of your Thames comfort zone 🤣

1 hour ago, JonC said:

@Geoff

There really aren’t that many people that you are told to dislike by someone and the tiny percentage is weaponised and thrown in your face by others who have an agenda. 

Thanks Jon, I am so pleased that you agree. That is exactly the way that the WOKE brigade behave. Geoff.🙂

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Ferk me, what a bunch of wailing fannybaws! "I don't like/understand all this wokey gender stuff !"

It's a joke section not gammon support centre (Tel. No. 0800 growaset)

Bang on! Can rely on a northerner to tell it how it is 🤣