Hello and Thanks for letting me join

GaryGas

Back to boat fishing after 20+ years. Purchased Orkney Pilothouse 20 in July. Not had much luck with use due to Lockdowns and Weather.

Currently moored in Neyland, but will be moving her further up Cardigan Bay next year.

Looking for any advice as things have changed so much, want to learn about as much of the fishing area of Cardigan Bay as possible.

Cheers Gary

84261005_10222512014007479_608262440719088995_n.jpg

Lovely boat. 

Got some excellent fishing around Neyland.... out on the reefs for pollack, bass, cod etc.

Tope on the turbot bank as well. Or head out to Celtic deeps for sharks 🙂

I don’t know much about Cardigan Bay Area, some good tope I think

21 hours ago, GaryGas said:

Back to boat fishing after 20+ years. Purchased Orkney Pilothouse 20 in July. Not had much luck with use due to Lockdowns and Weather.

Currently moored in Neyland, but will be moving her further up Cardigan Bay next year.

Looking for any advice as things have changed so much, want to learn about as much of the fishing area of Cardigan Bay as possible.

Cheers Gary

84261005_10222512014007479_608262440719088995_n.jpg

hi gary and welcome, she is a lovely boat, I should know she used to be mine till earlier this year.

15 minutes ago, ever optimistic said:

hi gary and welcome, she is a lovely boat, I should know she used to be mine till earlier this year.

Wow! She was your previous boat? What are the chances?!

And would you believe that's the second time this has happened on Outlaws??@PompeyDavenow owns one of @Saintly Fish's previous boats too.

23 hours ago, GaryGas said:

@GaryGas, get your questions up on the forum, we'll do our best to help out 👍

On 11/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, ever optimistic said:

Wow fantastic, so looking forward to using her much more than I have this year. I will certainly be picking your brains on her.  

On 11/20/2020 at 7:36 PM, Andy135 said:

Wow! She was your previous boat? What are the chances?!

And would you believe that's the second time this has happened on Outlaws??@PompeyDavenow owns one of @Saintly Fish's previous boats too.

Such a small world, but great for us new owners to have knowledge at our finger tips

On 11/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, ever optimistic said:

On 11/19/2020 at 9:56 PM, JonC said:

Welcome to the site, we’ve got a few welshies on here, they’ll know what’s worth knowing. 

As for changes?-  Less fish to catch is a big one.

Jon

I can understand that with super trawlers etc. Just looking forward to getting out have a few fish and get way from the rat race