Which scales

Right then experts (that's you jonc) what scales are you all using

I'm after a set for our club as we have a heaviest fish comp that lasts until our last trip of the year (10 species in total)

It's £20 per species, so not a fortune, but can mount up if you get a few lumpers

We have been relying on various Chinese crap that don't always show the same weight twice, so want something a but more accurate/reliable

I've just had a look at the Reuben Heaton 9000, small enough and at around £40 won't break the bank

Prefer this type as these allow for a bit of pitch and roll of a boat, unlike an analogue set

Has any of you got a set of these or have you got something better ?

Budget is up to £50 

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

Whatever scales you have you will still be accused of fibbing by the usual people, so save your money. 

Sounds like you speak from experience

This is why I wanted the digital scales, whatever they read (after 2 identical weighs) will be recorded, unlike listening to someone arguing that they thought it was an ounce or two heavier

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

Right then experts (that's you jonc) what scales are you all using

I'm after a set for our club as we have a heaviest fish comp that lasts until our last trip of the year (10 species in total)

It's £20 per species, so not a fortune, but can mount up if you get a few lumpers

We have been relying on various Chinese crap that don't always show the same weight twice, so want something a but more accurate/reliable

I've just had a look at the Reuben Heaton 9000, small enough and at around £40 won't break the bank

Prefer this type as these allow for a bit of pitch and roll of a boat, unlike an analogue set

Has any of you got a set of these or have you got something better ?

Budget is up to £50 

I use the RH Sport Scale (Digital) 132lb x 1oz, also on the boat is the traditional RH specimen hunter analogue scale 60lb x 1oz, which is rarely used.

Don't forget to get the storage pouch.

I have a set of these Rapala scales on board. 

https://www.rapala.co.uk/uk_en/25-kg-proguide-digital-scale

They are compact and accurately weigh my fish heavier than the ones @Andy135 catches. So very reliable in my book! 

For any club they surely need to be calibrated scales. The clubs I used to fish in and inter club comps tend to use the same scales you see in butchers shops. They had various sized trays which can be zeroed. 

The bigger hanging style scales for bigger game can cost a fair amount, from well into the $$$_$$$$. Club membership fees and comp fee's and sponsors should cover these costs.