LymeBay Offshore Wrecks - 22nd Jan

GPSguru

Very nice Ian. I thought you were too old now for making school boy errors like that? Shame. 
Seemed like a top day out though. Why do we not see Alan on here then? Are you like Bruce, and don't want your real friends to see what a cool bunch you hang out with? 

5 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Why do we not see Alan on here then? Are you like Bruce, and don't want your real friends to see what a cool bunch you hang out with? 

Alan just doesn't have the time. His business is extremely busy and he is a ‘hands on’ boss. If is difficult enough getting him to answer his phone !

I think he is a very small part of a local closed group on facebook, and that is about all he does on social media.

3 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Alan just doesn't have the time. His business is extremely busy and he is a ‘hands on’ boss. If is difficult enough getting him to answer his phone !

I think he is a very small part of a local closed group on facebook, and that is about all he does on social media.

Fury muff. 

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Fury muff. 

Yes, the garage has been super busy since the pandemic. This was his first time out since late June last year, when we took both boats to the skerries. He usually likes to get out about once a month.

Currently they are doing a full nut and bolt restoration on a mk1 mustang amongst many other jobs. The bodyshop and garage are fully booked 2 months in advance, he has 2 mot bays, and 9 repair bays, with a staff of 10.

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

A very adequate day !

I've had a few panic stricken moments trying to unwrap mainline from the tip while spj'ing

Luckily I haven't been hit by a fish whilst being wrapped

It always happens, especially on the high pitch, which gives the jig a long drop.

Worse in the wind, but I often manage the issue by either short pitch’s for a tumble motion, or moving the rod tip away from the slack line as I bring it down.

Not to worry, I hope to have the ring, thread and varnish here tomorrow, and the rod will be as good as new by the weekend 😉

3 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Yes, the garage has been super busy since the pandemic. This was his first time out since late June last year, when we took both boats to the skerries. He usually likes to get out about once a month.

Currently they are doing a full nut and bolt restoration on a mk1 mustang amongst many other jobs. The bodyshop and garage are fully booked 2 months in advance, he has 2 mot bays, and 9 repair bays, with a staff of 10.

Screw that, I'd rather be fishing. Life's too short

8 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

A very adequate day !

I've had a few panic stricken moments trying to unwrap mainline from the tip while spj'ing

Luckily I haven't been hit by a fish whilst being wrapped

I have posted this very informative vid before, but this is one of the reasons why I like Temple Reef SPJ rods .................