In-line lead Mould

I’m looking for a 6oz in line lead mould. (5,7 or 8oz fine too!) 

I know that Do-It do a 6oz and 8oz combined egg mould that’d be good but I can’t find a U.K. supplier and postage from us is about £50. 

Of anyone knows where I can find one in U.K. I’d love to hear about it! Drilled bullet, drilled bomb, egg shape not too important… just needs a hole down the middle of about 2-3mm….

@GPSguru do you know anyone in the tackle trade who could help? 🤔

Edited by Odyssey

2 minutes ago, Malc said:

Drill out the the nose of the right size of lead weight mold?

DCA have single wire rather than loop so try there first 

HERE'S ONE

I’ve found a Do-it mould, £63 delivered from USA, tbey are good as got handles, but that’s a plan B… Will have to knock up some kind of pin to go through the middle 

12 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I’m looking for a 6oz in line lead mould. (5,7 or 8oz fine too!) 

I know that Do-It do a 6oz and 8oz combined egg mould that’d be good but I can’t find a U.K. supplier and postage from us is about £50. 

Of anyone knows where I can find one in U.K. I’d love to hear about it! Drilled bullet, drilled bomb, egg shape not too important… just needs a hole down the middle of about 2-3mm….

@GPSguru do you know anyone in the tackle trade who could help? 🤔

No, not any more, Sakuma used to stock loads of do-it moulds, but they stopped them back in 2020.

UK Hooks has been suggested, but IIRC they closed down after Mike passed away in 2021.

ShoreCast Solent, do a 6oz inline pear lead, about £20 for 10, it is in their carp fishing section. Inline carp leads are pretty popular now, as that is all a lot of venues allow, the leadclip and tail rubber are not considered fail safe any more.

They also do Barrel leads to 4oz, but pierced bullets only go to 2oz

I think if it were me, then I would pour a bunch of 6oz cannon balls but without the loop, and then just drill them with a 3mm drill bit.

Edited by GPSguru

18 hours ago, LostPiker said:

That looks ideal! I’ve tried there in the past and not had any success sadly so looks like they updated the range. Good price too. 

However, big shout out to our resident engineering and boat building expert @Geoff for offering to make me one. A very kind gesture and much appreciated but looks like there is an off the shelf version available but I really appreciate the offer 🙂 

Id best get up on a few church roofs as I’ve got a very busy summer planned 🙂 exciting times 🙂 

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

That looks ideal! I’ve tried there in the past and not had any success sadly so looks like they updated the range. Good price too. 

However, big shout out to our resident engineering and boat building expert @Geoff for offering to make me one. A very kind gesture and much appreciated but looks like there is an off the shelf version available but I really appreciate the offer 🙂 

Id best get up on a few church roofs as I’ve got a very busy summer planned 🙂 exciting times 🙂 

😱  👮‍♂️