Landcombe Cove Devon

thejollysinker

Another trip for me and my friend Aaron saw us descend a ridiculously steep hill to a small beach south of Blackpool Sands to see what it was like.

After a leg burning 25 minutes we landed and set about fishing. During daylight I managed my third Mackerel this year just shy of a lb and as darkness descended the bloody whiting moved in. 
It wasn’t a fish a chuck and we didn’t get the Huss or Ray we were hoping for but we enjoyed fishing a beautiful venue and even saw the Green Comet 🤪

The climb back up was horrendous and I’ve had to sit here and drink several beers to rehydrate and reflect on the madness 🤣

79FFCA1C-47D0-4BD0-972D-DEBB230EC0EE.jpeg

C0B0F4C3-9170-4136-97AD-6D3E0BD35CE4.jpeg

3F2ADD14-6B48-44BF-8763-214B0BFF940A.jpeg

0579DC1F-4F5E-4309-A2CA-17F26D5A7A9D.jpeg

2A3EDB71-5BA3-400E-844E-210009188F2E.jpeg

Ye gods!! I know exactly where that is, and having seen the path down from the roadside you have my respect! If it were me I'd be forever fretting about the climb back up so I wouldn't enjoy the session 🤣 Glad you had a few fish though - well dangled and well hiked!

One of my favourite shore marks is called witches point. Only it’s a slog up and then down a hill to get there…. It’a called heart attack hill for a reason! 

Fair dos for taking on that slog 😮

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Ye gods!! I know exactly where that is, and having seen the path down from the roadside you have my respect! If it were me I'd be forever fretting about the climb back up so I wouldn't enjoy the session 🤣 Glad you had a few fish though - well dangled and well hiked!

cheers Andy, beautiful beach, killer climb!

3 hours ago, Odyssey said:

One of my favourite shore marks is called witches point. Only it’s a slog up and then down a hill to get there…. It’a called heart attack hill for a reason! 

Fair dos for taking on that slog 😮

I fished Witches point back around 2007 whilst working in Tonypandy and all we caught was Dogfish and yeah, another killer walk!