7th Feb Bristol Channel

jonnyswamp

8 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Well you got out Nick on a mid week special and caught a cod! What's not to like ? 

I hear what your saying, but 2 bites all day !

Not even a dog or a slack water strap

This year is definitely different to previous ones, don't know whether the dumping of dredged silt etc has had an adverse effect on our side of the Channel, or we've all forgotten how to fish

All except daio of course

3 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

This year is definitely different to previous ones, don't know whether the dumping of dredged silt etc has had an adverse effect on our side of the Channel, or we've all forgotten how to fish

Good effort though 👍

Yes, but you were out there giving it the effort, and that is what pays dividends in the long run.

I didn't go out this morning as the fog was forecast late last night, and although the boat was ready on the trailer for a 6:30 departure, I gave it a miss. The forecast was right and even at 11:00am the visibility was only 200yrd or so.

I will probably go out again on Friday morning, and try for some more wreck Cod.

Top end of channel got lots of cod. Channel explorer from Portishead had 15-20 fish yesterday…. 

Safly I think you need to burn done diesel to find them and head up the top end, 

Well done in getting one though 🙂 

6 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Top end of channel got lots of cod. Channel explorer from Portishead had 15-20 fish yesterday…. 

Safly I think you need to burn done diesel to find them and head up the top end, 

Well done in getting one though 🙂 

Yes, I saw his post, the next compatible tide and that's where I'm heading

22 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

just keep on trying and enjoyoing what you are doing nick good times ahead mate we all get days like that my mate was out last saturday on another boat and they all blanked good luck for next time 

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

nice one -  sounds way better than what i did - stuck behind a keyboard all day!

Have you been transferred to the customer complaints desk? That’s a job for life if ever there was one