Hello from Sussex

Jon cook

Evening Folks, 

I could waffle in but i'll keep it brief.

As an avid fishermen  of 30+ years, i've finally decided to get a proper boat, instead of relying on invites for a few mates.

Currently own a 12' seastrike, but predominantly used for Piking.

Stumbled across this forum in researching a proper sea boat.

I'll be boring  you with advice threads as the winter progresses whilst i try an find a suitable suitable boat for the Spring.

Kinda thinking an explorer elite / 165 or endevour but i'm in no great hurry.

Stay safe,

Jon

Welcome aboard. Well done finding us, we don’t come up on a lot of searches as we are still small and only just starting.
You will find some useful people here, all of whom actually do a bit of fishing. Jon

Hi Jon, welcome aboard. I think that you will get lots of boat sales suggestions on here. I don't think that some members view nearly every boat offered on the bay and FAFB. Good luck with your search (it's half of the fun of boat ownership). Geoff.☺️

Edit - Finger trouble again. I DO think some members (myself included) view nearly every boat........   Geoff.

Edited by Geoff

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

That’s actually very true. 
What did you put into your search engine to stumble across us? 

This would help us build our membership if we were easier to find. Any help appreciated 

Hi Jon, welcome here. 

Give us an indication of your budget and what you want and we will all chuck our recommendations at you.

I know of one Explorer Elite with a very newish engine.  He is asking top end but its been up for sale for a while so you never know there maybe a deal to be had.

Its on findafishingboat.com

7 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Welcome aboard Jon..... Don't be tempted to buy a boat from our Geoff, It'll look great but will be at least 5 years before it's finished 🤣

Started you mean? He’s got 5 left on current order

12 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Welcome aboard Jon..... Don't be tempted to buy a boat from our Geoff, It'll look great but will be at least 5 years before it's finished 🤣

Thanks Steve - who needs enemies with friends like you? Anyway I don't sell boats - I am a collector remember.  Geoff.☺️

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

Hi Jon, welcome here. 

Give us an indication of your budget and what you want and we will all chuck our recommendations at you.

I know of one Explorer Elite with a very newish engine.  He is asking top end but its been up for sale for a while so you never know there maybe a deal to be had.

Its on findafishingboat.com

I belive i know the one you talk of.

Budget can fluctuate depending on the package.

4 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

You're not allowed to  mention it aloud, though I did over there and got away with (I don't think the prefects heard me)

You got the thread deleted! 
They don’t like other sites being mentioned,which is a shame because most people like to use many sites as just being on one site limits what you see. 

Anyway, let’s not dwell on that . 
How about we have a ‘find Jon Cook a new boat’ thread. I suggest the usual thing, in as much as we don’t pay any attention to what he wants and just post loads of random boat adverts that we like? It’s usually a good format. 

12 minutes ago, JonC said:

How about we have a ‘find Jon Cook a new boat’ thread. I suggest the usual thing, in as much as we don’t pay any attention to what he wants and just post loads of random boat adverts that we like? It’s usually a good format. 

Yep, it worked for me. 🤣

12 hours ago, JonC said:

Sounds good to me😂

At the risk of being accused of being too fussy lets put a 10k limit on it..... thats kinda top end of my budget which shoukd see me a half decent boat / engine package.