BOS Again 15+16 April

Dicky

Fished both days at the weekend, Saturday a junior comp and Sunday a senior comp.

The weather on Saturday was pants with a horrible NW wind that was a lot stronger than forecast . This is the worst direction for Burnham and made for a rough see just outside the river mouth. We gave it a go for an hour but with my daughter feeling a bit unwell we moved back into the river for a bit of shelter. We had caught a whiting and a couple of thornbacks by then. The only fish in the next 3 hours was a small strap for my son. Very hard session but there was a few decent rays caught with the winner having one over 11lb.

Sunday had light southerlies so flat sea gave us a lot more options. We started off local looking for a bass but just the 1 to me and after a couple of hours of rays, dogs and straps we moved about 10 miles down channel looking for something different. This paid off as we added blondes, spotted, hound and a huss to the tally. 2 more moves only gave us more dogs, rays and congers.

back on the beach and my huss which we kept alive weighed in at 13-3 and was enough to give me first place so happy days. 
Back  to the club for a couple of jars and some pork and gammon rolls and roasties finished off a cracking day 

3BAE826F-8636-43BC-959F-3837553C3DD1.jpeg

5B1872B6-10E2-4DFD-9E9A-208A7E4C2032.jpeg

2578E18E-82C8-4FD8-BA31-64FEF0BBE206.jpeg