Yarmouth 10th Aug

suzook12

Broke several records for me yesterday too.... Most bass caught in one day, biggest bass caught at 40cm (never really fish for them), biggest mackerel caught and the most keepers, most weavers caught in one day (2) and 1st tope on first chuck..... Awesome day 😁😁

The skipper reckons that the most bass ever caught on a tope trip too, so we are planning a bass trip to see how many tope we can catch 🤣

Set to go again in 2 weeks, weather permitting

36 minutes ago, Malc said:

Nice trip out and decent fish to boot, shame about the weather though. 

Yeah, but least we got out. As we've not had any real decent weather yet, tope could run well into September yet if the weather picks up.

Nice tope, seems like plenty of bass around the country at the moment. 

When you say Yarmouth, do you mean Yarmouth IOW ? If so where did you go for the tope, would of thought you would of traveled a few miles to get tope.

10 minutes ago, JDP said:

Nice tope, seems like plenty of bass around the country at the moment. 

When you say Yarmouth, do you mean Yarmouth IOW ? If so where did you go for the tope, would of thought you would of traveled a few miles to get tope.

Great Yarmouth mate, cept it aint so great these days 🤣 Still have to travel a few miles too, bout 20 out of harbour

Apparently, tope mostly only eat flatties tho they also scavenge hence why we catch them on mack which helpfully leaves a nice scent trail

Whether this changes from area to area I don't know, but without returning to catch and kill we probably won't find out, in which case would rather not know...

1 hour ago, Hoop said:

Great write up.. I did hear a while back that when Tope run inshore, they do so after the Bass and Mullet.. wonder if they'd make for decent live bait??

I’ve heard some shark anglers in south west use them as live bait…. Personally I don’t as too hard to find and I’d want to eat them