Advice

Think JC posted something about this yesterday there’s a boat come up on facey that the bloke wanted 12k for, i think it was overpriced at that and I know he wanted 11k for it by the way he priced it, I’ve hit him with 9k and it looks like it might be accepted, JC mentioned a few of you said you thought it was overpriced but didn’t say what price you though it would be, what do you all think, I’ve posted the link but can’t see it hope it’s there.

It was on a local WhatsApp group I posted it on, the general response was that it was a bit expensive for what it was. 
There doesn’t seem to be much on the market in the price bracket you are looking at. 

I meant he did buy another boat that being the Arvor he bought that brand new but sold it after we lost mum more or less, they are a great boat I favour the jeanneau but they are still up there, I think the fella who has it now offered to buy it for good money before it was actually for sale but he caught dads interest, and the rest is history as they say, quick question while I’m rabbiting on what sort of fuel economy different is 2 stroke vs 4?

1 hour ago, KennyPowers said:

I meant he did buy another boat that being the Arvor he bought that brand new but sold it after we lost mum more or less, they are a great boat I favour the jeanneau but they are still up there, I think the fella who has it now offered to buy it for good money before it was actually for sale but he caught dads interest, and the rest is history as they say, quick question while I’m rabbiting on what sort of fuel economy different is 2 stroke vs 4?

4 stroke is far better, I haven’t got my graphs or Venn diagrams to hand but it’s a lot. They’re quieter as well, two strokes are noisy and smelly. 

56 minutes ago, JonC said:

4 stroke is far better, I haven’t got my graphs or Venn diagrams to hand but it’s a lot. They’re quieter as well, two strokes are noisy and smelly. 

Two strokes I believe are lighter though, so the fuel saving could be offset by weight saving. (I may however have made this up)

That boat had sold, you are right though it was an evinrude 60 2 stroke with 400 hours on it, I’ve paid a deposit on the explorer elite now that has a Mercury 60hp 4 stroke with 155hrs on it, fully serviced and comes with full print out whatever that is lol, it can’t be no worse than my Smokey 55 mariner I run on the Mayland that is one noisy engine, and not terribly reliable lol.

2 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

That boat had sold, you are right though it was an evinrude 60 2 stroke with 400 hours on it, I’ve paid a deposit on the explorer elite now that has a Mercury 60hp 4 stroke with 155hrs on it, fully serviced and comes with full print out whatever that is lol, it can’t be no worse than my Smokey 55 mariner I run on the Mayland that is one noisy engine, and not terribly reliable lol.

I use the loudness on that engine as an excuse why I don’t catch fish sometimes🤣🤣 they hear me coming out of bridge marsh 

12 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

I use the loudness on that engine as an excuse why I don’t catch fish sometimes🤣🤣 they hear me coming out of bridge marsh 

@Andy135 and I take our two young sons who are roughly the same age with us and use them as an excuse as to why we don’t catch fish. The volume is ear splitting at times. 

16 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

Blimey you don’t hang around do you!!

Haha decent boats are like codling at the moment, in truth if I had bought a boat with a two stroke on it I had every intention of putting a 4 stroke on next year, so Indirectly I’ve saved myself money anyway, they want £250 to deliver it from Southampton I think I’ll pay, I’m really interested to see what fuel burn will be like Im doing 70 litres at the minute from bridge marsh to Buxey with a bit of moving about up there.

3 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

Haha decent boats are like codling at the moment, in truth if I had bought a boat with a two stroke on it I had every intention of putting a 4 stroke on next year, so Indirectly I’ve saved myself money anyway, they want £250 to deliver it from Southampton I think I’ll pay, I’m really interested to see what fuel burn will be like Im doing 70 litres at the minute from bridge marsh to Buxey with a bit of moving about up there.

Well, congrats on nearly buying a boat then! Assuming that the viewing goes well and the purchase goes ahead, don't forget to put up lots of pics on the "Show us yer Boat" thread 👍

2 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

£250 is a fair price. 
maximum engine rating is 80hp for them. So you may use a little more in the way of fuel running with a 60. However with just you or two it’s probably not that much difference. Maybe upgrade to the 80 next year?

21 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

Well done Micky, I bet you will save a lot on fuel with that newer engine. 
I wouldn’t want to deliver a boat to Southampton for £250, by the time you take a tank of fuel out of the money that’s only a days money, and you haven’t got to worry about it.