Any information on Rodman or similar?

Ok, just found what's probably the same advert you're looking at. Boat style is quite similar to the Starfisher. Nice lines.

Twin engines are a plus in my view - engine bay looks reasonably well kept too. Shame the owner didn't tidy up the living quarters for the photos though - looks a bit untidy but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a spring clean.

Only potential down-side would be that the cockpit area looks a bit small. From the photos available I reckon it could only fish two, but that may not be a problem depending on your intended use.

On balance I'd say it's worth a sea trial 👍

19 minutes ago, Gordmac said:

There is a Faeton 910 Moraga for sale not too far away, anyone know anything about them? Twin Yanmar on shafts. Seems even rarer than a Starfisher!

Very popular on the continent. They were on my radar before I purchased the starfisher. I was going to show you one last week but as I know travel is an issue I didn’t bother. If it’s local to you I’d definitely get down to take a look. Could be the answer to your prayers? 

Yanmar are good engines too!

A friend of mine used to own a Faeton Morago 780 with a single 240hp Yanmar on an outdrive.  He loved his and regularly took it a cross the channel.  I buddied up with him on a couple of trips over the channel and it seemed to handle weather reasonably well, flat out it achieved 32 knots,  he always drove it like a scalded cat :classic_ninja:  I had a Karnic 2460 with a 260hp i/o so could keep up with him if I wanted to, just.

So although not the same as you are looking at it seems the Faetons are decent boats

Edited by Maverick

2 minutes ago, Gordmac said:

The Yanmar engines seem to have five anodes in the raw water system, I don't think they have been checked for several years, how much of a problem is that likely to be?

It could be problematic. They should be changed every year without fail. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks, pencilled in to arrive Monday, chickened out of taking her home by sea, best part of 300nm including canal. 

Missing galley module which I will need to sort something for. Accommodation is a bit basic but two single bunks rather than a double which is a plus, no mattresses though! I have always liked the Botnias, plusher Targa a lot more money and hard to find. The way things are at the moment boats are very hard to get and don't hang around for long.