A couple of decent days

GPSguru

Excellent stuff. I have only once taken a cuttle for eating - as revenge as it headshotted me while I tried to net it from my kayak. Luckily I had my sunglasses on otherwise I would have had ink in my eyes but my nice bright high vis hat (so the throbbers on jetski's don't run me over) and yellow kayak were never the same again. I don't think it was an accidental shot either....🤯 

2 hours ago, RogB said:

Excellent stuff. I have only once taken a cuttle for eating - as revenge as it headshotted me while I tried to net it from my kayak. Luckily I had my sunglasses on otherwise I would have had ink in my eyes but my nice bright high vis hat (so the throbbers on jetski's don't run me over) and yellow kayak were never the same again. I don't think it was an accidental shot either....🤯 

Squid are more accurate than cuttle 🙄🤣

you wont find a better bait than cuttle guts for the larger Bass 😉👍

Edited by GPSguru

Well done Ian 👏

I very nearly went to the Skerries on Sunday but Tom (my son with the medical issue) was down for a trip and it would have been too much for him….so we fished the same place I did two weeks ago.

Report to come but we did manage to land one cuttlefish and six squiddlies 😊589c9aa7-e0ba-4539-9c5a-7da2740642bd.thumb.jpeg.7748658456e070bacb821565d30c54b5.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Good going Ian, I'd love to find and catch cattle . What's the secret?? Where and how?

Generally speaking, any field will hold cattle. Be aware that the farmers don't tend to like it when you catch them though.

55 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

Well done Ian 👏

I very nearly went to the Skerries on Sunday but Tom (my son with the medical issue) was down for a trip and it would have been too much for him….so we fished the same place I did two weeks ago.

Report to come but we did manage to land one cuttlefish and six squiddlies 😊589c9aa7-e0ba-4539-9c5a-7da2740642bd.thumb.jpeg.7748658456e070bacb821565d30c54b5.jpeg

I am surprised that we didn't see each other !

I was there on Sunday morning, from about 8 until 9 (ish), then had to come back into Teignmouth to drop off daughter and grand daughter before we went down to the skerries.

5 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I am surprised that we didn't see each other !

I was there on Sunday morning, from about 8 until 9 (ish), then had to come back into Teignmouth to drop off daughter and grand daughter before we went down to the skerries.

At that time we were drifting right over and around Tucker rock 😅 we wouldn’t have seen you as we were intently focussed on the mackerel bashing 🤣

15 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Cracking report, very informative thread

If by Grey, you mean Grey Gurnard, then the current boat caught record is 2lb 8oz 14dr

So your near 3lber will/would have been a new British record

Yes, I thought it was close but the crew had already lobbed  it back 🙄🤣

On 10/10/2023 at 11:53 AM, GPSguru said:

@thejollysinker is going to be fuming, as he fishes right over the cuttle, but unless you actively target them, you would never know they are there.

So if I’m fishing right over them and this was one of my tracks (before it crashed) on Sunday, is this the general vicinity or is it more specific? 
IMG_5029.thumb.png.d2604ef48697aaa1e5168355fa8c28fe.png

if I get the chance I’d love to have a go for some more. I have caught them elsewhere before on the rough ground straight out from Teignmouth 🤔

9 hours ago, thejollysinker said:

So if I’m fishing right over them and this was one of my tracks (before it crashed) on Sunday, is this the general vicinity or is it more specific? 
IMG_5029.thumb.png.d2604ef48697aaa1e5168355fa8c28fe.png

if I get the chance I’d love to have a go for some more. I have caught them elsewhere before on the rough ground straight out from Teignmouth 🤔

Nah, not quite, I will send info via whattsapp 😉

Edited by GPSguru