pond fish for free

captin slows old outlaw

12 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i just have to many fish and nead to make some room. if i have to many in there i can get problems with there health ect

What’s the water quality like? Do you have good circulation? 
It’s a good idea to run UV on the return flow to help prevent disease 

3 hours ago, JonC said:

What’s the water quality like? Do you have good circulation? 
It’s a good idea to run UV on the return flow to help prevent disease 

john i know that i am an ideat to a lot of peopple.

but i am over sized on filtration and uv acording to those that know better than me. 

i have 2 ponds the smaller pond acts as a filta for sludge if it gets past my dustbin sicise filta, which is feed from the large pond via a uv light,

the large pond has a seperate smaller filta with a uv light. wateris aprox 4 quibik mt deponding on rain or drought. i test vfor ph ect , once a week in the summer and less in winter. this year i invested in plunts that help with the quolty of the water.

thank you for you tips and i am looking forward to any  more that you might have. 

i find that the fish help me to relax and chill out

but anybody have any idears i am allways ready to listen

again thanks jon, your input is allways valued

I’m not an expert by any stretch of the imagination 🤣

When I have kept fish in the past I’ve found that water volume is key, the more you have the easier it is to keep stable. Have you had any pictures with white spot etc? 

no problems yet , just tring to give the fish, frogs and visiters more room, 4 quibik mters is a lote of water.

i took advice froom a few books , the net and a very helpfull retailer.

the hole was there allready, i just shaped it , flatend it and lined it with olld carpet pond liner underlay ect. oh and old tarpolling i had layling around.

12 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

just to let you know my add on face book regarding my fish has been baned, and to think of the scames the addvertise on there.proberbly becose thay are not getting paid for it

Don’t take it personally, a lot of groups prohibit selling or giving live animals 

it seems to me that thay can avertise scames ect as long as they get paid. meta is amercan co (only thing that maters is money/ profet )take the sliming pill scandell afew years back. evan when it had been proved that these peals wer killing peopple they continued to addvertise them.so i am a bit biesed about them.

8 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

it seems to me that thay can avertise scames ect as long as they get paid. meta is amercan co (only thing that maters is money/ profet )take the sliming pill scandell afew years back. evan when it had been proved that these peals wer killing peopple they continued to addvertise them.so i am a bit biesed about them.

So post up another advert asking for 10p per fish or whatever.

7 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i belive it is about selling anermalls

I'm in the same position as you Pete, tried to offer them for free on marketplace and it wouldn't even let me place the advert

So if anyone local to me (South Wales) wants 8-10 Goldfish, let me know

Oh, and they're free

Hi Pete,

Have you tried gumtree? You can advertise them on there. You could also try any local pet shops that sell fish, the small shops are the best ask as they will be less likely to have contracted suppliers.

Failing that, dig another pond!! 🤣🤣

thanks suzook , we have local breaders near by, and the pet shops are contrackted to them , at the moment the shops are trying to reduce there stock by selling with cheep offers.

as for local shops, i will be making up some cards very soon.i have not been out since the hospital.

1 hour ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

thanks suzook , we have local breaders near by, and the pet shops are contrackted to them , at the moment the shops are trying to reduce there stock by selling with cheep offers.

as for local shops, i will be making up some cards very soon.i have not been out since the hospital.

How about just putting them in a local river? 
one of my ancestors Thomas Austin let a few of his pet rabbits out in Australia and they seemed to do rather well. 

36 minutes ago, JonC said:

How about just putting them in a local river? 
one of my ancestors Thomas Austin let a few of his pet rabbits out in Australia and they seemed to do rather well. 

That's frowned upon for environmental reasons and can be an offence unless you have permission from the Environment Agency.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/environment-agency-warns-of-dangers-of-releasing-ornamental-fish-into-the-wild

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

That's frowned upon for environmental reasons and can be an offence unless you have permission from the Environment Agency.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/environment-agency-warns-of-dangers-of-releasing-ornamental-fish-into-the-wild

gold fish have bein known to grow to 5lb or more in lakes

18 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ive seen his lake Pete, it's really not as impressive as he makes it out to be!! 

So you can top Andy's 118 acre lake in your back garden? I'm pretty sure the Tring complex and Wilstone are partly in Andy's estate too with some fishing rights extended to him......