Jump to content

And so it begins.....


suzook12

Recommended Posts

After a long lay off, I have taken delivery of a roll of csm, 25 litres of resin, woven roving and 4 sheets of nidaplast.......

Thanks @Geoff for sorting those. 👍

Sometime soon in the new year I am starting a youtube channel, just have to get some content and learn how to edit it, had the nod from Santa that a go pro is heading my way 😉

Catch you all soon

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

After a long lay off, I have taken delivery of a roll of csm, 25 litres of resin, woven roving and 4 sheets of nidaplast.......

Thanks @Geoff for sorting those. 👍

Sometime soon in the new year I am starting a youtube channel, just have to get some content and learn how to edit it, had the nod from Santa that a go pro is heading my way 😉

Catch you all soon

 

good luck ,with your project.

 

a happy xmas to you and your son, lots of prezes.

i will be thinking of you bouth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, suzook12 said:

After a long lay off, I have taken delivery of a roll of csm, 25 litres of resin, woven roving and 4 sheets of nidaplast.......

Thanks @Geoff for sorting those. 👍

Sometime soon in the new year I am starting a youtube channel, just have to get some content and learn how to edit it, had the nod from Santa that a go pro is heading my way 😉

Catch you all soon

 

Looking forward to it! What will the name of the channel be? Beardy Boating perhaps?? 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Looking forward to it! What will the name of the channel be? Beardy Boating perhaps?? 😁

 

1 hour ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

stuck on you ? (ressin )

Bikes, Boats and Bits

Just about got enough projects now lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, suzook12 said:

had the nod from Santa that a go pro is heading my way

Hmmm, very good action camera's with excellent footage quality, good build quality as well, however, they are notoriously unreliable from a firmware perspective, things to look out for are , overheating, freezing up whilst recording, crappy audio, audio that is not in sync with the footage, recording a split screen video, randomly turning off, turning off in temps below -3c, battery going flat when the camera is turned off (a major issue on all GoPro's), and poor battery life

Be advised that they are very microSD card fussy, generally the Samsung Evo Plus seems to work in them fine.

A lot of those issues go right back to the GoPro 3 and still haven't been fixed on the gopro 12 !

My GoPro hero 7 Black has bitten the dust, it won't turn on unless you remove and refit the battery, then it turns on and off perfect for about 30 mins before returning to its 'no turn on state', I have re-flashed the firmware numerous times, so in the bin it goes.

I will now replace mine with a DJI Osmo Action 4, but they are hard to come by at the moment, so I have got a Wolfang GA460 as a temporary measure.

You will probably be best in shooting at 4K30, and then outputting the final edit in 1080p, this will give you the best cropping and editing ability.

Software wise I mostly use Corel Video Studio Ultimate, but I also have Black Magic DaVinci, which is harder to use, but the editing facilities are mind blowing.

 

 

 

Edited by GPSguru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Hmmm, very good action camera's with excellent footage quality, good build quality as well, however, they are notoriously unreliable from a firmware perspective, things to look out for are , overheating, freezing up whilst recording, crappy audio, audio that is not in sync with the footage, recording a split screen video, randomly turning off, turning off in temps below -3c, battery going flat when the camera is turned off (a major issue on all GoPro's), and poor battery life

Be advised that they are very microSD card fussy, generally the Samsung Evo Plus seems to work in them fine.

A lot of those issues go right back to the GoPro 3 and still haven't been fixed on the gopro 12 !

My GoPro hero 7 Black has bitten the dust, it won't turn on unless you remove and refit the battery, then it turns on and off perfect for about 30 mins before returning to its 'no turn on state', I have re-flashed the firmware numerous times, so in the bin it goes.

I will now replace mine with a DJI Osmo Action 4, but they are hard to come by at the moment, so I have got a Wolfang GA460 as a temporary measure.

You will probably be best in shooting at 4K30, and then outputting the final edit in 1080p, this will give you the best cropping and editing ability.

Software wise I mostly use Corel Video Studio Ultimate, but I also have Black Magic DaVinci, which is harder to use, but the editing facilities are mind blowing.

 

 

 

You're not really selling them well! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

You're not really selling them well! 

I’ve got my eye on a garmin virb 360, hopefully in the new year I’ll do a few fibre washer change jobs to be able to afford one. 
Just think, you lot will be able to watch me catching whiting and eating in 360 degree 5.7k resolution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

You're not really selling them well! 

Funnily enough Neil, gopro are the market leaders by a long way. A lot of users are prepared to accept the foibles as the build quality and footage is exceptional.

However, Gopro will need to smarten their act as others have caught up with equally as good video, and become more intuitive to use. The game changer for me is DJI magnetic mounting.

I have had 3 Gopro’s, but now I am moving away from them, but still like the ‘package’.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’ve got my eye on a garmin virb 360, hopefully in the new year I’ll do a few fibre washer change jobs to be able to afford one. 
Just think, you lot will be able to watch me catching whiting and eating in 360 degree 5.7k resolution.

Good choice Jon, I considered the VIRB, but you are limited to Garmin accessories which is a PITA, both in terms of cost and availability. You wont be able to upload to youtube in 5.7k, you will need to output the edit in 1080p, but the quality will be superb.

Another one to look at would be the Insta360, which is popular with vloggers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Good choice Jon, I considered the VIRB, but you are limited to Garmin accessories which is a PITA, both in terms of cost and availability. You wont be able to upload to youtube in 5.7k, you will need to output the edit in 1080p, but the quality will be superb.

Another one to look at would be the Insta360, which is popular with vloggers.

 

One of the guys at the sailing club puts one on his cat during races, I didn’t realise this sort of thing was available at a reasonable cost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JonC said:

One of the guys at the sailing club puts one on his cat during races, I didn’t realise this sort of thing was available at a reasonable cost.

The VIRB is sort of ‘top end’ at £600 ish, Gopro and DJI are £500 ish and then there are others like Wolfang, insta, Brave, Akaso etc, that vary from £150 to £350 ish.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Hmmm, very good action camera's with excellent footage quality, good build quality as well, however, they are notoriously unreliable from a firmware perspective, things to look out for are , overheating, freezing up whilst recording, crappy audio, audio that is not in sync with the footage, recording a split screen video, randomly turning off, turning off in temps below -3c, battery going flat when the camera is turned off (a major issue on all GoPro's), and poor battery life

Be advised that they are very microSD card fussy, generally the Samsung Evo Plus seems to work in them fine.

A lot of those issues go right back to the GoPro 3 and still haven't been fixed on the gopro 12 !

My GoPro hero 7 Black has bitten the dust, it won't turn on unless you remove and refit the battery, then it turns on and off perfect for about 30 mins before returning to its 'no turn on state', I have re-flashed the firmware numerous times, so in the bin it goes.

I will now replace mine with a DJI Osmo Action 4, but they are hard to come by at the moment, so I have got a Wolfang GA460 as a temporary measure.

You will probably be best in shooting at 4K30, and then outputting the final edit in 1080p, this will give you the best cropping and editing ability.

Software wise I mostly use Corel Video Studio Ultimate, but I also have Black Magic DaVinci, which is harder to use, but the editing facilities are mind blowing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks Ian 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Setup coming along-

GoPro 11

GoPro to std camera mount adaptors

Samsung EVOplus 512 sd card

Adobe video editing software (on trial)

Just got to dig tripod out and have a go later. Will be investigating the supposed no spark issue on a Harley I've just bought......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Setup coming along-

GoPro 11

GoPro to std camera mount adaptors

Samsung EVOplus 512 sd card

Adobe video editing software (on trial)

Just got to dig tripod out and have a go later. Will be investigating the supposed no spark issue on a Harley I've just bought......

Harley, you say?? Pics please!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Great first video @suzook12! I've left you a like and a comment on  YT. When's pt2 coming??

cheers dude. Will be on it somepoint this week, Exhaust on boys fiesta to do, gearbox just started rattling on car (badly) so will check for oil etc, and L200 out of MOT as of tomorrow..... Running back and forth to Norwich to see my Mum in hospital, so yeah, sometime next week lol, then maybe edit it in time for weekend

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...