Surprisingly dark and cold.

JonC

5 hours ago, JonC said:

Early start today and I must say I was surprised with how dark, cold and early it was. We let the ropes slip at 6am, with about an hour left before dead low. 
I think the stronger than forecast (as usual) though had pushed the tide out and left a very low tide. We ran aground about 5 times trying to get through the creek on alternating sides and in the middle at one point where the creek is shallowest. I’m just glad nobody could see us because it was so dark 🤣

Once we cleared the creek we headed east at warp factor 7 for around an hour until it got light enough to open up. 
The pick was dropped at about 8am just off the front of Clacton and we were soon fishing. 
Not great fishing, mainly whiting, dogs and pout- no proper fish. 
Food was bacon sandwich for breakfast (obligatory) and Sausages and a burger from Marks for lunch on the BBQ. 
All the other boats in the area  were moving about which is a clear sign that the general situation was bad. We headed in at 3pm, quick wash down then a couple of pints to reflect on our day’s fishing in the Kings Head. 

IMG_1964.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

Yep, you look to be quite cold in that picture Jon, but any weather window just has to be taken, so well done on getting out.

@JonC, I note that you always post a catch report, regardless of how good or bad the fishing was.

I know that the rest of the SLT have been out, one of them more than once, but no catch reports posted. Please can you chase this up amongst your team👍🙄🤣

Edited by GPSguru

As you know they are a law unto themselves, there’s very little point in complaining because I get moderated if I do. 
I try to put up a short post even if the trip has been awful, it may be of interest to someone though I don’t think anyone reads them. ☹️

12 minutes ago, JonC said:

As you know they are a law unto themselves, there’s very little point in complaining because I get moderated if I do. 
I try to put up a short post even if the trip has been awful, it may be of interest to someone though I don’t think anyone reads them. ☹️

I read them, always interested in others fishing trips. 👍

20 hours ago, GPSguru said:

@JonC, I note that you always post a catch report, regardless of how good or bad the fishing was.

I know that the rest of the SLT have been out, one of them more than once, but no catch reports posted. Please can you chase this up amongst your team👍🙄🤣

Yeah, OK. I'm overdue a report. Will try to get something posted today but don't hold your breath - it will only involve dogfish. 🐶

21 hours ago, JonC said:

oh yes we do