Sunday 14th Jan - Skerries Banks

GPSguru

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

Nice one - I do love whiting in panko crumb - delicious! 

I had whiting from the weekend for dinner last night, not nothing to fancy, dipped in egg, rolled in flour then shallow fried. Very nice. 

2 hours ago, JonC said:

I had whiting from the weekend for dinner last night, not nothing to fancy, dipped in egg, rolled in flour then shallow fried. Very nice. 

Years ago I did some and it was very bland, but it seems a lot of folk rate it as a good eating fish. Kyle cooked his exactly the same  as you and he told me he prefers it to pollock, so maybe I will try it again sometime 👍

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Not a bad day in the cold Ian, Andy and I had such a bad day he's failed to put up a report!  

Oi! You're fully capable of posting a report too you know...

But yes, it was tough going. Think I'll try tying on some hooks next time.

7 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

After the demise of my 5 year old Gopro 7 Black, which, like most other Gopro's had been unreliable from the start, but produced excellent video, I have replaced it with a DJI Action 4, which is the main competitor to the Gopro 12.

So a short test Video that was shot in 4K30, processed over bluetooth on my phone using 'Light Cut' and the output to Youtube at 1080p. Doing this retains the sharpness a colour depth of 4K video. It was shot in Rock Steady mode, which retains the motion of the boat.

I am sat there looking like a spare part as my rods are on the A frame slightly behind the camera, and we have 60 secs of Kyle landing a Whiting whilst we are at anchor.

Lovely conditions to be afloat. Video seems good quality. 👍