L'Esprit d'Aventure

Pecheur Anglais

L'Esprit d'Aventure is an ST780. Built in Spain in 2002 and registered in France. I bought her in 2016. She is moored in the St Cyprien Marina on the French Med coast near Spain

The engine is a 150bhp Volvo Penta that had only done 180 hours when I bought the boat in 2016. A bit chuggy and only does about 11 knots, but she is very frugal on fuel so that compensates I suppose.

The build quality is solid and the previous owner, who had her from new, lived in Norther France and apparently only used her for 2 weeks of the year, hence the low hours. The interior is immaculate and nights on board have been very comfortable.

Whilst it is very enjoyable being out on the water down there, with 300 days a year sunshine, I have not found the fishing very productive. The bonito are good fun and good eating, especially smoked. Apart from that I've only caught small mackerel and various small bream type characters such as pageots, etc. The French tend to keep them all, regardless of size, which is maybe why there are so few bigger ones. I have heard stories of occasional tuna and dentex by locals, but not caught any or seen any being landed by local angling or commercial boats.

DSC_5601Esprit dAventure s.jpg

Esprite ready for morning fishing trip GOPR5529Esprit dAventure s.jpg

GOPR1866Esprit dAventure s.jpg

GOPR1867Esprit dAventure s.jpg

GOPR5532Esprit dAventure s.jpg

They are good looking boats aren't they? If I were ever to purchase a family weekender type boat, the Starfishers would be high on my list.

@Saintly Fish, take note of what a proper Starfisher helm looks like 😉

58 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

They are good looking boats aren't they? If I were ever to purchase a family weekender type boat, the Starfishers would be high on my list.

@Saintly Fish, take note of what a proper Starfisher helm looks like 😉

👅