Recommend me a solar battery charger

I went down to the boat earlier this week and found the House battery flat and the bilge almost full of rainwater. Guess the auto-bilge pump had been doing overtime and had drained the battery. At least on the drystack I never need to worry about her sinking.

What solar panel type chargers can the Outlaws recommend to keep my House battery topped up and my bilge dry?

35 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Because my deck drains into the bilge. The boat has no scuppers. So all the rainwater that falls on the deck collects in the bilge and has to be pumped out.

Oh ? Why don’t you buy some scuppers? 

7 minutes ago, JonC said:

Could you Hotwire your bilge pump to a sacrificial leisure battery when you are out of town? 

I'm contemplating this, but what happens when it's flat, and how would it get recharged? As a fit and forget solution a solar panel charger with controller hooked up to the House battery seems to be the most practical solution.

Just now, MegaByte said:

That won't work then.

I like where you're going with that question though. I would consider installing a bung, but for the fact that the majority of the bilge seems to be lower than the lowest point on the transom that I could install a bung in, so water would still pool in the transom up to a point.

1 minute ago, JonC said:

I think you should consider re fitting the deck so that it drains out through a pair of scuppers. 
is your existing deck above the water line? 

Agree.... 

Most modern boats are self draining. What happens when you get hit by a big green one over the bow? 

14 minutes ago, JonC said:

I think you should consider sorting the deck out to be self draining 

Agree, but that's not a job for now. And let's face it, I'm a fair weather angler and I'm very unlikely to go out or be caught out in the sort of conditions that would make fitting scuppers worthwhile. Plus I don't know if the deck is above the water line.