My little girl bought herself an Xmas pressie

JDP

I spotted another little zodiac on gumtree and showed it to my daughter yesterday. Normally she finds it very hard to make any decisions especially when her own money comes into it, not such the case when she saw this, it was love at first sight.

Weather was to bad for this mornings charter meaning we had just enough time to drive up the coast and get back in time for her afternoon charter. Managed to squeeze a quick test run after her charter which gets the full thumbs up from a very excited young girl!!!

B32DF1D7-809F-43A1-9131-ED92F13818E9_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.1b057184b7fac5522ec617ed47529538.jpeg

58AF571E-B5F4-483A-BDA9-4192B866FC22_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.fc42aab2cf8dc6b616227d45ea7dadf7.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Nice work! Looks like a great bit of kit, and I bet it goes well with a 60 on the back 👍

They are pretty light little boats which makes them very responsive with the 60. Sitting at around 20kts at 4200rpm should see some pretty decent fuel economy. Its got just 38hrs on it, so represents like new.

2 minutes ago, JDP said:

They are pretty light little boats which makes them very responsive with the 60. Sitting at around 20kts at 4200rpm should see some pretty decent fuel economy. Its got just 38hrs on it, so represents like new.

What's her planned use for it? Would she be taking it miles offshore, or is it to be an inshore fishing/dive boat?

Just now, Andy135 said:

What's her planned use for it? Would she be taking it miles offshore, or is it to be an inshore fishing/dive boat?

Im hoping it will be mostly within 20km as its a smaller version of the one we had before (500pro). She plans on taking it on road trips further afield, with most of the boating nearshore.

She has friends with similar sized boats that all plan on doing a bit of island hoping along the southern end of the barrier reef. These islands are about 80km offshore but quite sheltered once they reach them, even when they get hit by storms.

Her skill level has certainly raised since driving the charter boats, I feel like a novice around her now!!!...my concerns are more with what's in the water but she's even started becoming more responsible there too.

5 hours ago, Odyssey said:

You’ll have to invite her on here Jon 🙂 

She simply doesn't get time, poring with rain this morning and strong wind but she was still out of the house at 4.15am with her first charter of the day and won't get home until later tonight (often 4 trips per day now we are in summer). Any time not fishing or hunting is spent running, cycling or gym work. She's certainly not a girl who can sit down and post fishing reports.