ECHO ECHo ECho Echo echo

Saintly Fish

• 11 months later...

Well the SLT would like to wish all you Offshore Outlaws a Happy Birthday!! 

Today is the first anniversary of our official forum. 
We would like to thank all of you regular, part time and lurking members a very Happy Birthday. 
To commemorate this anniversary we would like to offer a member with 0 posts a new Woolley hat in time for the winter. So, first non posting member to PM me will win an Outlaws embroidered hat.

Thanks again guys for making the forum what it is and here is looking forward to the next year !!

The SLT. 

On 10/10/2020 at 7:37 PM, Saintly Fish said:

It’s very quiet in here

Fcuk off you happy tw@t 🤣🤣

I am grounded for a while  the weather is perfect for the wrecks🙄.

My mate went out to the 40 mile wrecks today, and I am waiting to see how the fishing was. I should have been there, but I have to isolate for the eye surgery. 🤬😡

Edited by GPSguru

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Fcuk off you happy tw@t 🤣🤣

I am grounded for a while  the weather is perfect for the wrecks🙄.

My mate went out to the 40 mile wrecks today, and I am waiting to see how the fishing was. I should have been there, but I have to isolate for the eye surgery. 🤬😡

Good luck with it bud, I am fortunate enough to not have to be concerned about it. I am in Royal Papworth Friday for an angiogram and stent. Having just had covid none of the usual rules apply 👍

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

Good luck with it bud, I am fortunate enough to not have to be concerned about it. I am in Royal Papworth Friday for an angiogram and stent. Having just had covid none of the usual rules apply 👍

I hear that having a stent is a pretty common procedure these days, so I'm sure you won't need them, but just in case I have my fingers and toes crossed for you 🤞🤞🤞

4 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I should have been there, but I have to isolate for the eye surgery. 

Good luck and fingers and toes crossed for you too. Just the thought of eye surgery (in any form) makes my toes curl 😬.

I once got a tiny sliver of ceramic tile stuck in my cornea from a circular tile saw and had to go to A&E to have it taken care of, because every time I closed my eye the fragment would catch on my eyelid 😭. Had to keep my eye open whilst waiting to be seen, which was torture in itself. Luckily as my eye was open for so long it started to dry out and my cornea contracted, popping the fragment out naturally. I've never felt more relieved and was dreading a doctor coming at my eyeball with a pair of tweezers or something!

Good luck, and we'll give you a forum spelling amnesty for a few days 😉

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Good luck and fingers and toes crossed for you too. Just the thought of eye surgery (in any form) makes my toes curl 😬.

I once got a tiny sliver of ceramic tile stuck in my cornea from a circular tile saw and had to go to A&E to have it taken care of, because every time I closed my eye the fragment would catch on my eyelid 😭. Had to keep my eye open whilst waiting to be seen, which was torture in itself. Luckily as my eye was open for so long it started to dry out and my cornea contracted, popping the fragment out naturally. I've never felt more relieved and was dreading a doctor coming at my eyeball with a pair of tweezers or something!

Good luck, and we'll give you a forum spelling amnesty for a few days 😉

You were lucky, I bet @suzook12 has been there like I have !

I had some metal shrapnel stuck in my eye from grinding, and in those days they actually injected an anaesthetic into your eye, a tad worrying when you see that needle about to poke your eye out ! ......... when it is all done the doc sits you down and dishes out a severe bollocking. This was back in the mid 80's at Exeter eye infirmary, which is now a hotel.

These days they put drops in to really blur your vision and the anaesthetic is also drops, so 100% less stressful !

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

You were lucky, I bet @suzook12 has been there like I have !

I had some metal shrapnel stuck in my eye from grinding, and in those days they actually injected an anaesthetic into your eye, a tad worrying when you see that needle about to poke your eye out ! ......... when it is all done the doc sits you down and dishes out a severe bollocking. This was back in the mid 80's at Exeter eye infirmary, which is now a hotel.

These days they put drops in to really blur your vision and the anaesthetic is also drops, so 100% less stressful !

Ooh, yeah, never had the shrapnel, precisely because of the tile experience. Always wear nerdy safety specs when grinding these days. Like I said, eyeballs make my toes curl 😬

And as for a needle in the eye...! 😱😱😱

23 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Ooh, yeah, never had the shrapnel, precisely because of the tile experience. Always wear nerdy safety specs when grinding these days.

I always have, but sometimes you let your guard slip. I had just finishing grinding the welds on a replacement mini cooper floor pan and lifted the goggles to inspect. I noticed a 'nib' that I had missed and just tickled it with the grinder, it came straight off and embedded itself in my eyeball !

6 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I always have, but sometimes you let your guard slip. I had just finishing grinding the welds on a replacement mini cooper floor pan and lifted the goggles to inspect. I noticed a 'nib' that I had missed and just tickled it with the grinder, it came straight off and embedded itself in my eyeball !

DDDF9478-AD3A-4036-86E9-5AAD6D7B8FAA.jpeg.ae7183e8a4c22e7b6407ab9facb2a390.jpeg

Yep, had a few visits to A+E over the years for metal etc in my eye. The worst one, and yes, I was wearing eye protection, came from when I was sliding under a trailer to do some work, hooked my arm over the axle to get to where I needed to be and dislodged some crud. It went straight down the side of the safety glasses, bounced off the lens straight into my eye.....

Ended up in the local clinic who did the usual, and they couldn't find anything so just assumed it was scratched. By next day it's giving me real grief, constantly streaming, blood red and very sore..... Back up the clinic and this time they dredged it and lo and behold, a clear glass bead from bead blasting!!

Andy, think yourself lucky. I have had several work colleagues that have had their eyeball removed clear stuff out thats got round the back of the eyeball. Can you imagine having one eye looking somewhere totally different to where your brain is telling you it should be looking??