French Bank - worth the distance?

We usually fish it on the way to or from some of the wrecks as we virtually drive over the top of it.  It is a long way to go and if you were looking to go solely for Bass there are closer marks that fish just as well.  As Suzook mentioned it is frequented by commercials.  Don't know many that anchor it. 

1 minute ago, JonC said:

I had this conversation. Seems that they have another Yarmouth down there somewhere. Weird 

Really?? Well as long as they stay of Gorleston/ Corton then, all is good 👍

You're right tho, they are weird!!

10 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

27 miles each way.

I looked it up on the charts and got a rough idea of the location ........... East of the IOW and along the Hampshire coast

Not too far then ............... we often fish the wrecks up to 40 miles out, sometimes further if the weather is OK (out past the Channel light vessel is 55 miles).

The 20 - 30 mile wrecks are a pretty common trip ............. when I fish the Skerries it is 22 miles each way, often ending up with a 50+ mile round trip.

Give it a go, looks like you pass some good marks on the way, so there is elbow room for a Plan B, and Plan C

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Yeah, ok. This isn't a willy-waving contest Luke 🍆😳🤣

I’m not saying it is.... I used to do 20-30 miles for tope, 20 miles for lunker cod off Minehead. Pick your conditions and make the most of it 🙂 

Your boat is more than capable, get out there and make the most of it 😁😁😁😁

I hope that Spence doesn’t see this but you guys woukd have a much easier time if you could just move the IOW about 40 miles east....

Its quite a navigational hazard really.... 🤔🤔🤣🤣