Quicksilver 500 'Fish '

Bunney

5 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Very nice rig that. 👍

What is it about the front seat that you want to change? 

Cheers bud ,I think I'm going to have to change the locking system, the latches don't seem to hold the seat in place 100% and the seat tents to lift. Could be doing 20k hit a wave and the seat comes at ya 🤣 I've put wedges in for the rougher days but definetly a latch underneath needed. 

Edited by Bunney

13 minutes ago, Bunney said:

Cheers bud ,I think I'm going to have to change the locking system, the latches don't seem to hold the seat in place 100% and the seat tents to lift. Could be doing 20k hit a wave and the seat comes at ya 🤣 I've put wedges in for the rougher days but definetly a latch underneath needed. 

Yeah, I can see how that would be a downer 🤣

If you post up a question and a pic or two of the latches in the Boat Owning & Equipment section I'm sure someone will be able to suggest a fix for you. 👍

A very smart outfit and a good compromise between trailability and usability I should think. I see you have an auxiliary bracket. Do you carry a second engine? The only things I would want would be some lockers and grab rails. Maybe lockers are not so important as unlike me, your boat is not left on a mooring with equipment on board. But safety rails are a feature I would not want to be without, especially when standing to fish or moving about the boat in any kind of sea. The seat forward of the console is a great feature, giving you a backrest. I often think smaller boats like ours get more use than bigger ones. Yours certainly does! PH

On 19/01/2021 at 12:06 AM, Geoff said:

Really nice, purposeful looking boat. nice to see another trailed boat. Thanks for posting. Geoff.☺️

She spends most of her time in the water thank God 💪🏼

On 19/01/2021 at 6:40 AM, Saintly Fish said:

Lovely rig Bunny. It’s good to hear she gets used and abused too!! 
We have a boat meet in July (Covid allowing), Southampton is the venue..... fancy an adventure?? 

She definetly does 😂 I'd be all for it unfortunately I'm in the south of Ireland 🥺👏

17 hours ago, Plaicehunter said:

A very smart outfit and a good compromise between trailability and usability I should think. I see you have an auxiliary bracket. Do you carry a second engine? The only things I would want would be some lockers and grab rails. Maybe lockers are not so important as unlike me, your boat is not left on a mooring with equipment on board. But safety rails are a feature I would not want to be without, especially when standing to fish or moving about the boat in any kind of sea. The seat forward of the console is a great feature, giving you a backrest. I often think smaller boats like ours get more use than bigger ones. Yours certainly does! PH

She has 2 lockers up forward, port and starboard seats are lockers and under the seat on the stern is a locker for fuel. Have a radio and eperb aboard. Have a Mercury 4hp aux. Yeah safety rails are definetly a feature that need to be added I definetly agree.

7 hours ago, Bunney said:

Ok ok if we have fine weather I'll make the voyage 🙂💯😂

Voyage?? I was thinking bring it in your trailer, but if you want to motor round then fair play. You’ll earn my respect for that level of commitment. 

On 27/01/2021 at 10:32 AM, Andy135 said:

Bunney, what's the fishing like in your neck of the woods? What species do you mostly fish for?

Decent enough I'm in Cork south of Ireland. Mackeral, pollock, cod, skate. Congers doggies all decent enough and handy to catch. 

• 2 years later...

Ive just bought the same boat 2nd hand without a motor.. I was thinking of maybe a 50hp. You have a 60 and says it tips along at 20knop. Is that max throttle? I wouldve expected slightly more than that with a 50hp maybe? I wonder if I need to reconsider engine size..