New Rod

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Looks great Luke. My rod builder is still waiting for the reel seats to clear customs. Been a month now🥲

Customs are a nightmare currently. Took 4 weeks for some parts to clear customs for work. 

2 days from China to U.K. 4 weeks to get out of UPD warehouse 😬

im getting regular updates so exciting stuff 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Customs are a nightmare currently. Took 4 weeks for some parts to clear customs for work. 

2 days from China to U.K. 4 weeks to get out of UPD warehouse 😬

im getting regular updates so exciting stuff 🙂 

Yes ups are holding things up.

Yep,

Its a 50lb class rod. The line will want to twist around so you allow it to twist and run under the blank to make it easier when fighting mackerel and mako 😉 

6 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Yep,

Its a 50lb class rod. The line will want to twist around so you allow it to twist and run under the blank to make it easier when fighting mackerel and mako 😉 

Looks odd I must admit, but if it helps the rod action then fair enough. Just surprised to see it like that. Whippings etc look 1st class!! 

7 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Looks odd I must admit, but if it helps the rod action then fair enough. Just surprised to see it like that. Whippings etc look 1st class!! 

It’s more popular in the states than this side of the pond abs thankfully my builder is open to new ideas 🙂 

6’6” standup up stick IFGA 50lb 

also getting 6’6 IFGA 20lb in same colours for the blues....

Seriousky impressed with Jon the tod builder, he’s giving me pictures all the way, checking im happy etc 🙂 

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

I wouldn't use that for fishing, its far to pretty, you need a glass cabinet to display it in :classic_cool:

I’m thinking that! 

most my gear is 20+ years old so I’m not sure what to do with new stuff 🤣🤣🤣

I must admit, I don't get the ring twist at all (oooo matron, sounds painful!!). I always thought the idea of fishing rings up was to reduce the pressure on the whippings and stop a big fish/snag/fastnet (in my case....) ripping the rings off...... Besides, that would confuse the hell out of me lol

20 hours ago, Odyssey said:

6’6” standup up stick IFGA 50lb 

also getting 6’6 IFGA 20lb in same colours for the blues....

Seriousky impressed with Jon the tod builder, he’s giving me pictures all the way, checking im happy etc 🙂 

I have a  IGFA 20 built for me by Stan of Alba rods and it’s way over gunned for blues at 6’8”

the twisted guide one you are building there looks epic.  🤘

2 hours ago, DINOBOY said:

I have a  IGFA 20 built for me by Stan of Alba rods and it’s way over gunned for blues at 6’8”

the twisted guide one you are building there looks epic.  🤘

Stan over rates his rods. I’ve got a 30lb and it’s prob good enough for Tuna.... 

We get some big blues get excited at 150lb+ less than 100lb dont even photo 🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Stan over rates his rods. I’ve got a 30lb and it’s prob good enough for Tuna.... 

We get some big blues get excited at 150lb+ less than 100lb dont even photo 🤣🤣🤣

I want a IGFA 30

Yeah we get big blues off south Cornwall, 

i ordered a load of that wire too mate in 1mm and 1.5mm brilliant stuff love it. Thanks again. 

Edited by DINOBOY