Estate Agents

Odyssey

Is there anyone in this profession that is not completely incompetent?! 

I don’t understand what do to justify such exorbitant fees 😡😡😡

I hear you Luke. We sold our last house privately so didn't have to pay any agency fees, and we've also found a private buyer for our current house - hoping to move before the end of the SDH extension. Based on what I've seen of their "expertise" it makes me feel all warm inside that we've managed to avoid paying them, not only because of the savings, but because we don't like rewarding a service that contributes questionable value to the transaction process.

What issues are you having with them in your move?

51 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Is there anyone in this profession that is not completely incompetent?! 

I don’t understand what do to justify such exorbitant fees 😡😡😡

I take it your contacts didn’t exchange then?

16 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I take it your contacts didn’t exchange then?

One has.... (old house) 

Hopefully new house tomorrow. Estate agent said had no knowledge of the property when I chased them up on progress. I told the vendor, her response was let’s split their fees 50:50 off the purchase price.... suddenly agent remembers the property and it’s stopped me exchanging on new one today 😡😡😡😡

I got building materials to order for Saturday I want to get on with 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

One has.... (old house) 

Hopefully new house tomorrow. Estate agent said had no knowledge of the property when I chased them up on progress. I told the vendor, her response was let’s split their fees 50:50 off the purchase price.... suddenly agent remembers the property and it’s stopped me exchanging on new one today 😡😡😡😡

I got building materials to order for Saturday I want to get on with 🤣🤣🤣

Well I’m sure tomorrow will be a whole new story. Just make sure your on the phone at 9am to chase up. Not that you should have to. 

Glad that you got there in the end Ian. Reconstruction this weekend - I have to  hand it to you - you don't mess about. I would still be thinking about it!!! Geoff. :classic_wink: