How's your memory ???

jonnyswamp

Mine is absolute crap

Can remember numbers no problem, friends landline numbers from years ago, all my bank card numbers, codes, quoted job prices etc

But that's bout it

I went down to the boat today to grab my rods, bring them home and get them set up ready for tomorrow

So once the anchor is settled, I can simply hook on a weight, a baited trace and cast out

Rather than spend 20 mins setting up whilst the other s are already in the water

Anyway, my rods are already in the garage from the last trip, I'd brought them home to clean etc as we were heading into a lockdown and I didn't think to tell myself

I suffer the same problem. I can walk out to my van to get a tool or fitting. Open the side door, look at all the stuff, then close the door because I don’t know what I needed. 
I then return to the task I was doing only to remember what it was I wanted! I must clock up some footsteps doing that. 
Ask me what my business account number and sort code is..... no problem.  Ask me my NI number, not an issue. 
What did I have for breakfast this morning..................?   🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Doh!

I sometimes find myself wandering into the kitchen from my home office, then wondering why I came into the kitchen in the first place...? Same with going to the shed...

I know exactly where I’m going, Fridge. 

9 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I suffer the same problem. I can walk out to my van to get a tool or fitting. Open the side door, look at all the stuff, then close the door because I don’t know what I needed. 
I then return to the task I was doing only to remember what it was I wanted! I must clock up some footsteps doing that. 
Ask me what my business account number and sort code is..... no problem.  Ask me my NI number, not an issue. 

It’s not surprising that you forget what imaginary parts you need when you’re fixing an imaginary problem. 

I don’t do much domestic work, I’m not really into the public but I would think that a lot of people need to put emergency repairs on cards. I know a couple of roofers that do use them. 

1 minute ago, JonC said:

I don’t do much domestic work, I’m not really into the public but I would think that a lot of people need to put emergency repairs on cards. I know a couple of roofers that do use them. 

Most of my work is planned and quoted. So a bacs is the norm. 

Well, I can assure you that the memory loss thing only gets worse. Breakfast is an excellent example - can never remember what I had for breakfast - and I have my porridge every day!!! Please note I did say my porridge  and NOT my oats. Geoff.:classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

I was about to write the very same thing, word for word

I was told by someone ( I forget who lol) that as long as you know why you've gone to the van/kitchen, then it's not too much of an issue

It's only a problem when you get to the van/kitchen and don't know why you're there

Pretty sure I've done that as well

Edit

Andy, I think you may have problems 

Edited by jonnyswamp

16 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Mine is absolute crap

Can remember numbers no problem, friends landline numbers from years ago, all my bank card numbers, codes, quoted job prices etc

But that's bout it

I went down to the boat today to grab my rods, bring them home and get them set up ready for tomorrow

So once the anchor is settled, I can simply hook on a weight, a baited trace and cast out

Rather than spend 20 mins setting up whilst the other s are already in the water

Anyway, my rods are already in the garage from the last trip, I'd brought them home to clean etc as we were heading into a lockdown and I didn't think to tell myself

Turned up at the boat club compound this morning with everything I needed -except the gate key...

Fortunately I live just round the corner.

My usual trick is dragging the dinghy-on-wheels round to the slipway only to find I've left the oars back in the boatyard.

One day I set off from the mooring and glanced back to see the rods still in the dinghy.

More haste less speed or old age setting in? PH

1 minute ago, Plaicehunter said:

Turned up at the boat club compound this morning with everything I needed -except the gate key...

Fortunately I live just round the corner.

My usual trick is dragging the dinghy-on-wheels round to the slipway only to find I've left the oars back in the boatyard.

One day I set off from the mooring and glanced back to see the rods still in the dinghy.

More haste less speed or old age setting in? PH

Glad to hear it’s not just a select few of us that suffer brain farts now and again! 

14 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Send me all your details please 😊