Yessss

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

You still got the other side to cut and polish? 

Yeah, it’s a bit more savage than routine cut and polish though, trying to get back to the original dark shade without going too hard on the gel coat is brain ache. I wish I had never started, just lived with it. 
Ive been using 320 grit, its a case of rubbing it a bit, rinsing off then going again then going over it with 600,1000, 1500 ad nauseam. I’ve probably got a days worth left but no days to do it. 

94E96228-563C-42B0-AD3C-AA98FFEFE05F.png

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

Yeah, it’s a bit more savage than routine cut and polish though, trying to get back to the original dark shade without going too hard on the gel coat is brain ache. I wish I had never started, just lived with it. 
Ive been using 320 grit, its a case of rubbing it a bit, rinsing off then going again then going over it with 600,1000, 1500 ad nauseam. I’ve probably got a days worth left but no days to do it. 

Works picked up then?

8 hours ago, JonC said:

Didn't you have any luck with the polytrol ? worked a treat for me

3 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I bought some but never used it. I was warned off of it by a boat renovator who reckons it does long term damage and leaves a sticky coating. 
I must say I was surprised to hear that after your glowing review.

12 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

The polytrol definitely made the colour look better, deeper but it had the same effect on both shades which just highlighted the problem more. 
It’s all cosmetic though so I don’t know why I’m bothered too much. 

Anyway, this is Martin’s post please stop hijacking it. 

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

At least I’m a good scaffolder, look what I did today F81E479E-E572-4648-8697-6A681C8DF6AD.jpeg.423e6e1cd6506ce74ca325d8b75c0824.jpeg

Nice use of those pallets there at the top, and never mind the guttering, it's only cheap anyway... 😲

40 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I bought some but never used it. I was warned off of it by a boat renovator who reckons it does long term damage and leaves a sticky coating. 
I must say I was surprised to hear that after your glowing review.

It didn't seem to do my hull any harm, after I used it I polished the hull as normal

I will be looking at it very closely on Saturday and report back

Surely there would have been extensive testing on gel coat before it was put on the shelves ?

2 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

It didn't seem to do my hull any harm, after I used it I polished the hull as normal

I will be looking at it very closely on Saturday and report back

Surely there would have been extensive testing on gel coat before it was put on the shelves ?

It’s banned in a lot of EU countries as it causes clotting. 

7 hours ago, Maverick said:

It doesn't matter those colours are just so yesterday, apparently grey is the new beige but it may take them a while to catch up :classic_rolleyes:

I’m more for a pale blue myself, slim fit of course, something only @JonC can dream of! 

54 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’m more for a pale blue myself, slim fit of course, something only @JonC can dream of! 

But you couldn’t wear your blue cardigan with them, blue on blue wouldn’t go.