Hmmmmmmm

suzook12

So, this Easter weekend hasn't gone anything like as planned........

I did manage to test and fit the replacement suds pump on the lathe

BUT.....

As planned, took the lad to the local MX track, got there, unloaded bike to get "Daaaad, wheres my body armour??" Doh

Was very tempted to say go without, just be careful.... But ended up leaving him sat there while I did the 35 mile round trip to go get his body armour.

Anyway, he gets readied up, gets bike started and warmed up and away he goes..... Just starts second lap, lands the first jump heavy, bounces and flips bike.

Winded and battered, we carry him back to truck and he starts seizing up, so gets help to load bike up, drops that at grandparents then off to A+E. 5 hours later, we leave with him having a clean bill of health. Bruised and battered but no major harm done.

Today, went to go pick bike up, checked it over, nothing major. Just a broken rear mudguard, cracked side panel and broke the seat loop..... Nothing that can't be fixed. Got him to ride it round the yard and he's all good with it too....

So, today, despite being a lovely day, decided not to take him out on the ZX12!!

Strange, as I was heading out to collect his body armour, had a feeling he was gonna crash....

Kids eh? Lol

23 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

BUT.....

As planned, took the lad to the local MX track, got there, unloaded bike to get "Daaaad, wheres my body armour??" Doh

Was very tempted to say go without, just be careful.... But ended up leaving him sat there while I did the 35 mile round trip to go get his body armour.

Anyway, he gets readied up, gets bike started and warmed up and away he goes..... Just starts second lap, lands the first jump heavy, bounces and flips bike.

Winded and battered, we carry him back to truck and he starts seizing up, so gets help to load bike up, drops that at grandparents then off to A+E. 5 hours later, we leave with him having a clean bill of health. Bruised and battered but no major harm done.

Today, went to go pick bike up, checked it over, nothing major. Just a broken rear mudguard, cracked side panel and broke the seat loop..... Nothing that can't be fixed. Got him to ride it round the yard and he's all good with it too....

So, today, despite being a lovely day, decided not to take him out on the ZX12!!

Strange, as I was heading out to collect his body armour, had a feeling he was gonna crash....

Kids eh? Lol

At least he’s young enough to still be flexible and bounce without breaking anything. Glad he’s ok ! 

6 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

At least he’s young enough to still be flexible and bounce without breaking anything. Glad he’s ok ! 

You an me both mate...... He loves doing it, but you know it's going to bite every now n then. It's hard to watch at times although you love to see your kids doing stuff and doing it well, seeing a motorcycle 20ft off the ground certainly makes ya nervous as well

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Thank goodness you made that trip Steve. Glad to hear that all is ok with both him and his steed. Geoff.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Ouch! Glad he's ok! Well done for making the trip to kit him out properly. Dread to think what might have happened had you not retrieved his armour 😱

Yep, best decision I made all weekend......

Just for the record, I can certify that kids really DON'T bounce LOL..... Another lap and probably would have caught it all on film

6 hours ago, suzook12 said:

BUT.....

Kids eh? Lol

Look on the bright side Steve, if you can walk out of A&E, then it was a good landing !

No, kids don't bounce, but they are far more resilient than us wrinkly's ..........

All the best to the boy, his bruises will soon fade as will the dent to his pride ...............

3 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Nice one zook, well done on making the trip for the armour and for letting him get straight back on it

I found I stopped bouncing about 5 yrs ago and mine had to go

I don't want him to lose his bottle, if he had been up to it, I would have had him do a slow lap at the track before leaving, rather than having time to dwell on it. Soon as he rode it round the yard he wanted to get down the track again (even had it sideways in the dust).

Yeah, it tried it briefly and just saw hospital time on my horizon, being self employed, not a great option, so gave it up as a bad idea.... Now, getting on a drag bike again......... 🤣

2 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Now, getting on a drag bike again......... 🤣

Surely that is much worse - or do you mean - getting on a bike in drag again? Geoff.:classic_wink:

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Surely that is much worse - or do you mean - getting on a bike in drag again? Geoff.:classic_wink:

errrrm no Geoff, no sexual deviancy in that department old chap!! 🤣

I would say that in a way, yes, drag racing can be more dangerous in as much as serious injury or death should an incident occur, although such incidents are way less common, 2 bikes going on same direction and not leaving the ground, versus many bikes, seldom on the ground, on loose dirt..... Hmmmm no thanks lol