West Wales Fun

Odyssey

Well done, that sounds fantastic compared with how things have been. Despite your little grumbles about that poor old harmless cat I know that you had a great time. LOvely pics and an interesting write up. Thank you. Geoff. ☺️

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Well done, that sounds fantastic compared with how things have been. Despite your little grumbles about that poor old harmless cat I know that you had a great time. LOvely pics and an interesting write up. Thank you. Geoff. ☺️

I love cats..... just need something to blame for a blank 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Odysseynice write up Luke, sounds like a lovely trip(s). Did @headlightcatch anything? 
btw, being a long standing member, isn’t it about time you learnt to spin your photos the right way up?? Or have you taken a leaf out of @JonC’s book and expect the ginger one to do it for you🤣

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Odysseynice write up Luke, sounds like a lovely trip(s). Did @headlightcatch anything? 
btw, being a long standing member, isn’t it about time you learnt to spin your photos the right way up?? Or have you taken a leaf out of @JonC’s book and expect the ginger one to do it for you🤣

Ian blanked on the sharks. No runs all day. 

pics look ok to me. Andy can turn them round whilst photoshopping pictures of dogfish 😆

10 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Ian blanked on the sharks. No runs all day. 

pics look ok to me. Andy can turn them round whilst photoshopping pictures of dogfish 😆

What’s the point of having a nerd on board if you can’t depend on them to edit your posts. 

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

What’s the point of having a nerd on board if you can’t depend on them to edit your posts. 

You can depend on the nerd to delete yours if you keep up the back chat... 🧐

#donttakeyournerdforgranted

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Nerd anger..... must be a vaccine side effect. 
#anotheronetheynevertoldyouallabout

Not nerd anger, just regular anger. How would you like to be spoken about as if you'll just drop everything and edit someone else's posts cost they can't be arsed. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Not nerd anger, just regular anger. How would you like to be spoken about as if you'll just drop everything and edit someone else's posts cost they can't be arsed. 🤷‍♂️

#hebroughtituponhimself

5 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Day one:

Lugged fuel bait and chum to boat, slept on boat, froze.... woke up, met Ian in Marina, went out on free flow, 25knt cruise to Celtic deeps..... fished nothing.... 

I blame the cat of doom. He was laughing at me lugging my chum along. His mate is friendly but his owners weren’t around to bring him down so I was left with Mr Grumpy. At least the boat looks good. 

Came home, Ian went home, Emma and Daisy arrive, time for beer! 

Due to COvid rules etc was first meal and pint out..... was lush 🙂 

I had picked up an electric heater, slightly less cold on the boat. Emma was ok, she was cuddling the dog. Enticed dog over soon got warm, but dog was stolen back 😮

Woke up to sunshine and flat seas so off to the islands for breakfast. 

Breakfast in sun before fishing  🙂 

about 30 pollack around 2-4lb kept a few for family rest went back. Seemed a shame to put back lovely shark baits but freezer full to brim already 🤣🤣

Stopped in Haven for a nap. Too much beer night before.... oops! 

Back in for a bit of grub and more beer. Then popped to Tenby on way home to keep Emma happy. 

Gales tomorrow so make some more chum up. Lovely to be back out to there!!! 

On a happier note I’ve moved some weight around on the boat, keeps her nose down and bum up, fuel is about 10% better economy. Hit 43knts in the haven before it got too congested to do more but reckon on a 1/3 tank she’ll do 45+ which is nice 🙂 

CEE73D07-60A3-4F74-9C62-B3703DCD7D95.jpeg

8E6DCDC9-B8B4-4A6C-8948-00F685736C88.jpeg

2CA6E2FD-6C0C-4AF4-8AB3-0A8C17ABBB9E.jpeg

92A9BBB0-6179-4808-B6EB-0250C2E7C279.jpeg

1A6AD764-AC9B-44C1-B406-B3A8887A22EF.jpeg

2454ACD5-F631-40BA-8C4B-B91A753E23AB.jpeg

IMHO, way too early for sharks, including Porgies, as the water is still a bit too cold for them to readily feed.

I never usually start my sharking until at least mid June, sometimes later, which will ideally falls into the period when the BFT begin to arrive in numbers.

It looks like you have a good head of inshore reef Pollock, great on light spinning tackle.

Sounds like a good couple of days out 👍

8 hours ago, GPSguru said:

IMHO, way too early for sharks, including Porgies, as the water is still a bit too cold for them to readily feed.

I never usually start my sharking until at least mid June, sometimes later, which will ideally falls into the period when the BFT begin to arrive in numbers.

It looks like you have a good head of inshore reef Pollock, great on light spinning tackle.

Sounds like a good couple of days out 👍

We tend to start late May/early June so I’ll wait a month. 

Gsles this week so no trips for a while, hopefully pollack will get bigger too.... should be 5-8lb on the offshore reefs soon

3 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Nice one, we have our first trip out of Dale to the offshore reefs early June

Hope they will have put on a pound or two by then

Hopefully, they are in 2-4lb breaker hopefully be out on the hats and barrels in a few weeks and a bit bigger :)!