Bank holiday trip

Josh

5 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Better than YOU!! 
I can catch fish. 
(I’m guessing I’m being classed as one of the to me to you).

I can catch fish too, but Josh catches better fish, bigger fish and more of them than the pair of us combined.

And yes, it appears that the jokers have stumbled upon a new nickname for us both...

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I can catch fish too, but Josh catches better fish, bigger fish and more of them than the pair of us combined.

And yes, it appears that the jokers have stumbled upon a new nickname for us both...

spacer.png

TBF, and this is not critique of the chuckle bros 🤣, Josh puts in a lot of road miles, sea miles, and time, into his fishing. The results of the extra effort that he is able to muster is clear 👍

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

Luck is always a factor, I have a fine share of blanks, 
but yes @GPSguru I find myself in the petrol garage a lot 😝

I only have 5 miles max to the slip !, but I have to stop at Tescos to fill the 90L tank on also every trip 👍

Josh, a good Tuna will be yours this year. As you well know, most are lost in the last part of the fight when the fish starts pinwheeling. The secret is to just keep a medium pressure on the fish and try to recover about a foot of line on each pinwheel, ideally at the same point in each pinwheel.

Also taking the boat to the fish in the early stages, ends the fight a lot quicker.

9 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I only have 5 miles max to the slip !, but I have to stop at Tescos to fill the 90L tank on also every trip 👍

Josh, a good Tuna will be yours this year. As you well know, most are lost in the last part of the fight when the fish starts pinwheeling. The secret is to just keep a medium pressure on the fish and try to recover about a foot of line on each pinwheel, ideally at the same point in each pinwheel.

Also taking the boat to the fish in the early stages, ends the fight a lot quicker.

ouch 90L

100%,

id like to say I won’t let that happen again,, but I put absolutely everything I could into that and learnt so much, I’m so much more to prepared mentally physically.

I see that changing the angle of the line in the final stages seems to be popular ... (via driving the boat )which we done NONE of , she had us dead under . 
I can see why it would work 

so ready !🤓🤐

6 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I’m keeping quiet on petrol 🤣

However, that said it’s not little and often it’s infrequent but significant 😬😬😬

20 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I’m keeping quiet on petrol 🤣

However, that said it’s not little and often it’s infrequent but significant 😬😬😬

Both wrecking and shark fishing eat up the Nm, so it means having to get yer wallet out more often.

9 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Both wrecking and shark fishing eat up the Nm, so it means having to get yer wallet out more often.

Yep but if you put in the miles you tend to find the fish 🙂 not the case in winter, tend to run 1 mile from home for cod and rays 🙂