Solo session. A trip of two halves.

Andy135

15 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

But I think Leo has trumped you somewhat  

He often does that... I will gently suggest to his dad that the next time he does that to either of us he can swim home...

#outfishedbyaschoolboy

#musttryharder

Glad you managed to have a go, marina looked quite busy when we got back in on Saturday,  saw Jersey girl and Scorchio in ready.  I'd say as long as you didn't hit any one else's boat or damage yours it was a successful first go.  Fair play on heading to St Catherines. 

Nice to see the Bream still showing. I can give you a set of numbers for the reef we've been fishing if you want,  between mine and Ray's boat we have caught over 200 on this reef in the last month and a half. 

55 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Glad you managed to have a go, marina looked quite busy when we got back in on Saturday,  saw Jersey girl and Scorchio in ready.  I'd say as long as you didn't hit any one else's boat or damage yours it was a successful first go.  Fair play on heading to St Catherines. 

Nice to see the Bream still showing. I can give you a set of numbers for the reef we've been fishing if you want,  between mine and Ray's boat we have caught over 200 on this reef in the last month and a half. 

Honestly it was like the dry stack team were playing sardines with the boats on the holding pontoon in the morning 🤣. But yes, no boats bumped = a win. Especially as coming back in there were boats moored either side of the holding bay area, so it was a bit like threading a Jersey Girl-shaped needle to get to the eastern corner 😬.

I'm forming the opinion that St Cat's is overrated. I've been there maybe 6 times now over the last two or three seasons and I've only caught there twice. Too much fuel burned for too little return.

Sandown numbers would be great - thank you. 👍

2 hours ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Can I ask where at St Caths you fish I also have a mark there that you might be better off trying

Will pm you the Sandown numbers

I've had a few bass from the Pinnacles in the past, and the 70m hole further east near Ventnor. Yesterday I was drifting the reef system to the west but no luck.

unZvxtl.jpg