Skerries Banks - Sat 12-06-21

GPSguru

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

You and Kyle must be related, way way back..

I knew it!! I just knew it! I should have put money on one of you two making a ginger joke 🖕🤣

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

I knew it!! I just knew it! I should have put money on one of you two making a ginger joke 🖕🤣

Ginger is fine Andy, my son is ginger, so is kyle and his younger brother. Ginger folk being quick tempered is crap, Kyle is really laid back about most things in life.

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Ginger folk being quick tempered is crap

Well it must be just a coincidence then, every time we have a SLT meeting he throws a massive tantrum and threatens to ban me. Last week he threw a blackboard rubber at Neil. 
#‘My way or no way’

7 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Nah, he wouldn't do that, mainly because you are a top draw tool and worth keeping for the entertainment value 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ve just had to apologise to him again and beg him to in ban me for that post 

29 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Excellent day, ill have to show our skipper your drifts when we're next down there 😆

We had loads of fish, but not too many keepers and none that were anywhere near the stamp of yours

Bait was an important factor. They all fell to whole raw king prawn (Tescos or Bookers), other baits were picking up smaller fish.

The charters often do not bother with the eastern inner edge of the banks.

36 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

The charters often do not bother with the eastern inner edge of the banks.

Paying anglers want to feel like they have had their money’s worth out of the boat ride and often winge if they don’t go over the horizon regardless of where the fish actually are

20 minutes ago, JonC said:

Paying anglers want to feel like they have had their money’s worth out of the boat ride and often winge if they don’t go over the horizon regardless of where the fish actually are

I normally ignore where the charters are fishing on the banks, except for one boat, African Queen out of Dartmouth.

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I normally ignore where the charters are fishing on the banks, except for one boat, African Queen out of Dartmouth.

Didn't she burn down a while ago? The original wood hulled boat? Or am I mis-remembering?

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Didn't she burn down a while ago? The original wood hulled boat? Or am I mis-remembering?

Yes, you remember correct. She caught fire on the quay, no lives lost, the skipper and his wife were able to safely evacuate.
The boat was replaced in 2015.