Jump to content

Skerries Banks - Sat 12-06-21


GPSguru
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

Cracking plaice and cracking photos! Well done all three of you, and a mention in despatches for skipper Kyle. Some very nice fish there. 👍

You and Kyle must be related, way way back..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

You and Kyle must be related, way way back..

I knew it!! I just knew it! I should have put money on one of you two making a ginger joke 🖕🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

I knew it!! I just knew it! I should have put money on one of you two making a ginger joke 🖕🤣

Ginger is fine Andy, my son is ginger, so is kyle and his younger brother. Ginger folk being quick tempered is crap, Kyle is really laid back about most things in life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

 

You've done a great job training your skip. Looks like he handled the situation well

 

Grandson Kyle has been boat fishing with me since he was 3 years old. Boating is in his blood now !

Edited by GPSguru
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You’ve never met Andy in person have you Ian??  

I'm not quick tempered... I just don't suffer fools 😘

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Ginger folk being quick tempered is crap

Well it must be just a coincidence then, every time we have a SLT meeting he throws a massive tantrum and threatens to ban me. Last week he threw a blackboard rubber at Neil. 
#‘My way or no way’

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

he throws a massive tantrum and threatens to ban me.

Nah, he wouldn't do that, mainly because you are a top draw tool and worth keeping for the entertainment value 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Nah, he wouldn't do that, mainly because you are a top draw tool and worth keeping for the entertainment value 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ve just had to apologise to him again and beg him to in ban me for that post 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’ve just had to apologise to him again and beg him to in ban me for that post 

Well, when all said and done Jon, I really admire your sense of humour 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Well, when all said and done Jon, I really admire your sense of humour 👍

I can’t see anybody else smiling, are you sure? 

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Excellent day, ill have to show our skipper your drifts when we're next down there 😆

We had loads of fish, but not too many keepers and none that were anywhere near the stamp of yours

Bait was an important factor. They all fell to whole raw king prawn (Tescos or Bookers), other baits were picking up smaller fish.

The charters often do not bother with the eastern inner edge of the banks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

The charters often do not bother with the eastern inner edge of the banks.

Paying anglers want to feel like they have had their money’s worth out of the boat ride and often winge if they don’t go over the horizon regardless of where the fish actually are

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, JonC said:

Paying anglers want to feel like they have had their money’s worth out of the boat ride and often winge if they don’t go over the horizon regardless of where the fish actually are

I normally ignore where the charters are fishing on the banks, except for one boat, African Queen out of Dartmouth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I normally ignore where the charters are fishing on the banks, except for one boat, African Queen out of Dartmouth.

Didn't she burn down a while ago? The original wood hulled boat? Or am I mis-remembering?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Didn't she burn down a while ago? The original wood hulled boat? Or am I mis-remembering?

Yes, you remember correct. She caught fire on the quay, no lives lost, the skipper and his wife were able to safely evacuate.
The boat was replaced in 2015.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...