North Norfolk shore fishing?

JonC

I’m off to North Walsham which seems to be near Cromer for a few days. I don’t know much about the area other than from watching Alan partridge. 
I want to do a bit of light weight fishing, nothing involving walking miles or laying in mud. Any suggestions? I’m thinking maybe a bass rod and light tackle somewhere? 

24 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’m off to Normal Walsham which seems to be near Cromer for a few days. I don’t know much about the area other than from watching Alan partridge. 
I want to do a bit of light weight fishing, nothing involving walking miles or laying in mud. Any suggestions? I’m thinking maybe a bass rod and light tackle somewhere? 

I hear you get excellent raja Clavata up there! 

13 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Right......

Cromer Pier but you will need drop net and will have to pay...

Further up Cromer Promenade under the cliffs, visit at low tide to see where the rough ground is.

Further round to the North you have what is known as the shingle (for obvious reasons) Kelling/Salhouse all fishable. Mack were showing there a couple of weeks back and due again soon. These are deep beaches also.... Going the other way you have a place called cart gap which is Sidestrand/Overstrand (Not entirely sure where so you would have to ask locals) then theres Trimmingham beach which is worth a look. They should keep ya busy for a while. Sheringham usually has bass nets close in so I wouldn't bother......

Talk to this guy and he'll sort you out and his bait is top quality too

May be an image of text that says "PETE'S BAIT FRESH LUGWORM RAGWORM PEELER CRAB MADDIES AND OTHER MATCH BAITS DUG TO ORDER FULL RANGE OF TOP QUALITY FROYEN BAITS Sheringham: 01263 478695 Mobile: 07899796938 Email:Baitman64@gmail.com"

Hope that helps Jon...... You're on my doorstep so give me a shout 👍

Thanks for that in depth answer. 
I recon the pier sounds good, bearing in mind I’m travelling light so can just turn up and hang a line over. 
Is the pier fairly easy going?  I was going to use 3/5 oz rods, easier to transport than full on surf casting rods but not sure if I’ll need heavier weights etc? 

20 hours ago, Andy135 said:

You could try spelling "your" correctly too...

#grammarpoliceasleepatthewheel

I told you earlier that this computer keyboard has a mind of it's own. Anyway, that is a spelling error rather than the more serious grammar offences that used to be a feature of Neil's posts. Geoff. :classic_wink:

Just now, Geoff said:

I told you earlier that this computer keyboard has a mind of it's own. Anyway, that is a spelling error rather than the more serious grammar offences that used to be a feature of Neil's posts. Geoff. :classic_wink:

Actually you make a good point. Neil's spelling and grammar have improved lately, so he must finally have been paying attention in your lessons 👍

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Actually you make a good point. Neil's spelling and grammar have improved lately, so he must finally have been paying attention in your lessons 👍

It’s the phone that’s learning not me! 

20 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

neal are they getting at you for spelling, just look at the magnercater its full of them. any way its the content that matters not the spelling.

Pete, you’ve known me long enough to know I couldn’t give a rats arse about their jabs mate! 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Pete, you’ve known me long enough to know I couldn’t give a rats arse about their jabs mate! 👍🏻

i know . just like teasing them, any way you have to go along way to be as bad as meeeeee

48 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i know . just like teasing them, any way you have to go along way to be as bad as meeeeee

Well yeah, but that’s a given. When it comes to poor written english……. You’re god !!

But that’s what makes you you Pete. And we wouldn’t have it any other way. 👍🏻