The hamster

Saintly Fish

A bloke was sitting at the side of the road crying his eyes out, his dead hamster in his hands.  A fairy godmother asked him what the matter was. He said “I loved my pet hamster and it just died ”. The fairy godmother said “Well I can’t bring it back to life, but I can suggest that you can make some good of the situation”. The bloke asked “How do I do that ?” The fairy godmother replied “Go home put the hamster in a pan and add a bag of sugar. Heat the pan up stirring well and simmer for an hour. Allow to cool, pour it onto your garden and see what happens”. The bloke did exactly as she suggested. The next day, he went into the garden and there were masses of daffodils everywhere! He ran back to the road where he’d seen the fairy godmother and she reappeared and asked the bloke how he’d got on.  He said “It’s fantastic, there are daffodils everywhere!” The fairy godmother replied “That’s really strange, you usually get tulips from hamster jam!”🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

A bloke was sitting at the side of the road crying his eyes out, his dead hamster in his hands.  A fairy godmother asked him what the matter was. He said “I loved my pet hamster and it just died ”. The fairy godmother said “Well I can’t bring it back to life, but I can suggest that you can make some good of the situation”. The bloke asked “How do I do that ?” The fairy godmother replied “Go home put the hamster in a pan and add a bag of sugar. Heat the pan up stirring well and simmer for an hour. Allow to cool, pour it onto your garden and see what happens”. The bloke did exactly as she suggested. The next day, he went into the garden and there were masses of daffodils everywhere! He ran back to the road where he’d seen the fairy godmother and she reappeared and asked the bloke how he’d got on.  He said “It’s fantastic, there are daffodils everywhere!” The fairy godmother replied “That’s really strange, you usually get tulips from hamster jam!”🤣🤣

I had to read that several time. 
perhaps we should ask Luke to post some of his material. 

Just now, JonC said:

We just had a guy trying to steal the wheelie bin. 
The dogs went ape shit. 
He had an iveco van with burn marks up the sides of it. 

Ahh the Norfolk bin dipper.. he’s legendary. Like the ghost rider, but slightly older and slower. 

4 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I only had to read it once.

These Essex folk must be well educated, they all have masters degrees in being a plank. 🙄😇🤣🤣🤣

I too only read it once... and once was quite enough.

Perhaps our learned Essex friend is giving Fisty the benefit of the doubt by re-reading it to see if it gets any funnier (or even just funny) the more he reads it.

Personally I'm pining for a better stamp of joke... @Odyssey please come back!

37 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I too only read it once... and once was quite enough.

Perhaps our learned Essex friend is giving Fisty the benefit of the doubt by re-reading it to see if it gets any funnier (or even just funny) the more he reads it.

Personally I'm pining for a better stamp of joke... @Odyssey please come back!

I read it again thoroughly to make sure I hadn’t missed the bit that made it funny (like a punchline) 

35 minutes ago, JonC said:

I read it again thoroughly to make sure I hadn’t missed the bit that made it funny (like a punchline) 

Glad we have you here to make sure there's no humour going unrecognized. It's just a shame that your efforts were unrewarded on this occasion.

On 8/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, JonC said:

We just had a guy trying to steal the wheelie bin. 
The dogs went ape shit. 
He had an iveco van with burn marks up the sides of it. 

So now I know who nicked my outboard test tank!!

On 8/12/2021 at 11:45 AM, Saintly Fish said:

A bloke was sitting at the side of the road crying his eyes out, his dead hamster in his hands.  A fairy godmother asked him what the matter was. He said “I loved my pet hamster and it just died ”. The fairy godmother said “Well I can’t bring it back to life, but I can suggest that you can make some good of the situation”. The bloke asked “How do I do that ?” The fairy godmother replied “Go home put the hamster in a pan and add a bag of sugar. Heat the pan up stirring well and simmer for an hour. Allow to cool, pour it onto your garden and see what happens”. The bloke did exactly as she suggested. The next day, he went into the garden and there were masses of daffodils everywhere! He ran back to the road where he’d seen the fairy godmother and she reappeared and asked the bloke how he’d got on.  He said “It’s fantastic, there are daffodils everywhere!” The fairy godmother replied “That’s really strange, you usually get tulips from hamster jam!”🤣🤣

Sad, but very brave of you to post on here. Was it just to make Luke feel better? Geoff.