2022 Offshore outlaws boat meet.

Ok, so after the success of this years meet I think its time to open discussions about next years get together. So, lets here your thoughts and suggestions. And also lets try and gauge an attendance number. I know its early days, but best to get organised.

Venues and dates ideas welcomed. Please bear in mind that if you suggest a venue, you may be asked to do the arranging, or atleast help out with knowledge and contacts.

Over to you.. 

Couple of suggestions for location.

1. Bristol Channel

2. Dorset/Devon (Weymouth to Dartmouth area)

We have members with knowledge of these patches and there's plenty of places for accommodation. Plus the fishing is good.

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Couple of suggestions for location.

1. Bristol Channel

2. Dorset/Devon (Weymouth to Dartmouth area)

We have members with knowledge of these patches and there's plenty of places for accommodation. Plus the fishing is good.

Yes, but for us to take our own boats (those that don’t trailer) we need to be closer to home. Dorset doable. Bristol Channel a far ask. This is supposed to be an Outlaws meet of those with boats, not a “charter trip”.

25 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

This is supposed to be an Outlaws meet of those with boats, not a “charter trip”.

Agreed, but we'll never be able to offer everyone the chance to use their own boat on each annual meet, so some of us will have to either take their own boats or simply travel and hop aboard the boat of a more local member. Given we had a Solent meet first time out it seems fair that the Solent members do the travelling this time and let other members use their own boats on their own (or near to their own) patches.

11 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Agreed, but we'll never be able to offer everyone the chance to use their own boat on each annual meet, so some of us will have to either take their own boats or simply travel and hop aboard the boat of a more local member. Given we had a Solent meet first time out it seems fair that the Solent members do the travelling this time and let other members use their own boats on their own (or near to their own) patches.

Yes I don’t disagree with that. The problem being is that the solent has the highest concentration of active members with their own boats. If another area that can cater for 12 or more people on other active members boats is available then let us know! 

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

For me the south/south left coast is the logical place to have a meet. The largest amount of active members with non trailered boats is in that area. 

Yeah, but the south right coast has better fishing. Dogfish and roker. What's not to like?

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah the last minute stress you had by walking past your digs by half a mile must have been immense.  

And the realisation that he bought a load of alcohol-free beer to the meet...

The south right coast? The right of the south coast would be Brighton to Dover. 

I had also included Jon's patch in "south right" and I was being tongue-in-cheek about the fishing.

Ok, I thought maybe you had your atlas upside down!

The fishing in the Thames has been great this year for normal people. Micky has consistently had double figure hounds week in week out as well as plenty of bass. 

7 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Poole harbour as a base gets my vote. 

Poole Harbour could be good in case there's iffy weather. We'd at least get some fishing inside the Harbour if it's too rough outside.