2022 Offshore outlaws boat meet.

15 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I’ll be in west wales… maybe a bit far for most/all of you? 

IMHO we need to keep a more "central" location. One easily reachable by most.

But if we did head your way what would you organise? What about those that may wish to trailer their boats etc etc etc

38 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

IMHO we need to keep a more "central" location. One easily reachable by most.

But if we did head your way what would you organise? What about those that may wish to trailer their boats etc etc etc

Yep that’s my point, I’m too far out to organise sadly 😞

So come on then..... ffs let's see some enthusiasm here. 
put down your names (those that are interested in participating), and your geographical location. 
Then we (I) can get a good idea of who's coming from where, then we (I) can decide on a location. 
If not we (I) will just call the Solent again. 

We really only only have the East coast (generally rubbish) West coast (too close to Wales (not rubbish, but they speak in tongues) and the South coast. basically the South coast is probably the best one to go choose and IMHO central or to the west is probably where the the meet should (will) end up. Not too many decisions really. Geoff.:classic_wink:

If we can get that Poole charter done and fished it would be a good way to check out the facilities for Poole as a meet location. Close enough for the Solent Outlaws to cruise across in their tubs, and further west enough that we may entice one or two of the West Country Outlaws to make the trip up, either in their boats, on trailers or on foot. Plus, the PBSBAC boys may be up for a little friendly competition on their doorstep?

12 hours ago, Andy135 said:

If we can get that Poole charter done and fished it would be a good way to check out the facilities for Poole as a meet location. Close enough for the Solent Outlaws to cruise across in their tubs, and further west enough that we may entice one or two of the West Country Outlaws to make the trip up, either in their boats, on trailers or on foot. Plus, the PBSBAC boys may be up for a little friendly competition on their doorstep?

hmmm sounds like a plan,

if i come  i will bring an fire extinguisher or 2 or 3

Bristol Channel is winter abs I’d guess you don’t want to join us then as it’s cold 🤣🤣🤣

I tend to agree with @Andy, see how Poole works out? Or try Weymouth? Marina looses good and @mike farrantshas the fishing sorted 🙂 

Weymouth & Portland does have a few options, 

Lulworth ledges, Shambles, adamant, deep water marks off portland, round the bill if tides are kind.

plus shelter if needed in portland harbour

but it is that bit further down the coast for those coming from further away.

• 4 months later...

So, after the success of our Outlaws charter trip, I think it had been decided by the SLT that Poole will be the venue for the next annual boat meet. 
@Andy135 has volunteered (press ganged) to organise the event. I believe it will be a full charter trip. Date tbc. 
Im sure Andy is all over it already and will report here soon with his schedule. 

But to kick it off, let's have some names of those that are wanting to join us!! 

Neil + Leo

I’m keen but it depends when….

My boat will be out the water for Jan and Feb for at least 10 weeks (longer if I can blag it) so I’ll be working on it in those months on weekends but some will be free.

but October is out as I’m tied up for 3 weekends…. (I can do mid week though)

So potentially September, November is ok, December potentially. Jan and Feb tend to be crappy… March and April are good. May onwards I’ll prob be my own skipper any chance I can get! 

There is a potential + 1 but no worries if not. I can also do mid week if it gives more options for wrecking, basssing, plaice, turbot. Not keen for mid week for conger/spurs 😬😬😬

Also open to other locations 🙂 

Edited by Odyssey

7 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I’m keen but it depends when….

My boat will be out the water for Jan and Feb for at least 10 weeks (longer if I can blag it) 

but October is out as I’m tied up for 3 weekends…. (I can do mid week though)

So potentially September, November is ok, December potentially. Jan and Feb tend to be crappy… March and April are good. May onwards I’ll prob be my own skipper any chance I can get! 

There is a potential + 1 but no worries if not. I can also do mid week if it gives more options for wrecking, basssing, plaice, turbot. Not keen for mid week for conger/spurs 😬😬😬

Also open to other locations 🙂 

It will be a summer trip Luke, we are not opening up the location to choices because it just causes issues. The location is set, just need @Andy135 to get off his arse and start organising something! 

54 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

It will be a summer trip Luke, we are not opening up the location to choices because it just causes issues. The location is set, just need @Andy135 to get off his arse and start organising something! 

Keep me posted then 🙂 

14 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

is this a bring your own boat meet? or just a charter day?

once dates are confirmed - I'll confirm - but in principle yes. 

The current thinking is that it will be a full charter - that way we get to all fish (blank) together and it makes it easier/more feasible for members who are too far away to bring their own boat.

That said, I'm open to members bringing their own boats if they want to.

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

The current thinking is that it will be a full charter - that way we get to all fish (blank) together and it makes it easier/more feasible for members who are too far away to bring their own boat.

That said, I'm open to members bringing their own boats if they want to.

Depends on numbers I suppose.