Jump to content

Fowey 20-24th


Dicky
 Share

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Dicky said:

trying to add more piccys but all to large even though I have edit them as small as poss?

Couple of options... try posting them in separate posts. There's a post size limit as well as an individual picture limit.

Or, try uploading to Imgur then pasting the image URL into your posts, which means unlimited pics per post with no size limits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent dangling Dicky 👍

No giant macks when sharking ? There are a few about now. I saw some on Friday morning in lyme bay feeding with a pod or two of dolphins.

Those Pollock look tidy, that big one in the foreground must be close to a double.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Took the boat down to Fowey for 5 days last week. Mixture of wrecking, sharking and inshore. 8 blues to over 100lb plenty of pollack and a bass off a wreck, some plaice from the harbour and loads of whiting when drifting for the sharks. Other fish caught were ballan and cuckoo wrasse, scad, pout, gurnard and mackerel (only 6 all week). Great time and hopefully back next year

E4804545-EAB8-434E-9DFC-EA0620F9BB97.jpeg

B4D1771D-9DAB-460C-99CE-B1067CDB7064.jpeg

Quality catches there Dicky! Very envious. Makes me wish I still had a trailer boat 👍👍

Where do you launch from in Fowey? The slip in the car park by the ferry?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Excellent dangling Dicky 👍

No giant macks when sharking ? There are a few about now. I saw some on Friday morning in lyme bay feeding with a pod or two of dolphins.

Those Pollock look tidy, that big one in the foreground must be close to a double.

Didn't see a giant mack all week, only had 6 baby ones lol. The biggest pollack was only around 7lb but good eating fish. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Quality catches there Dicky! Very envious. Makes me wish I still had a trailer boat 👍👍

Where do you launch from in Fowey? The slip in the car park by the ferry?

Yes the slip next to the ferry, all tides access if you have a 4X4. It is nice to go to different venues every now and then and target something else.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s the issue worth my boat….

Im hoping to get further afield next year, maybe a long weekend in padstow or Newquay for big porgies, but I’m kind so limited by marinas/refilling options sadly. Maybe Ireland? 🤔🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Odyssey said:

That’s the issue worth my boat….

Im hoping to get further afield next year, maybe a long weekend in padstow or Newquay for big porgies, but I’m kind so limited by marinas/refilling options sadly. Maybe Ireland? 🤔🤔

What about Ilfracombe? Dan on Reel Deal has had a cracking run of porgies and a few threshers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dicky said:

What about Ilfracombe? Dan on Reel Deal has had a cracking run of porgies and a few threshers

Yeah Ilfracombe is the plan, it’s 50 miles each way to hartland point so well doable, just need the weather! 
 

I plan to do an overnight in Ilfracombe and make a weekend of it chasing porgies 🙂 Hopefully get my 2022 season off to a good start. 
 

Ive already started looking at options to refuel in Ireland to get to the Alantic Shelf to see if can get a 6 Gill….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Yeah Ilfracombe is the plan, it’s 50 miles each way to hartland point so well doable, just need the weather! 
 

I plan to do an overnight in Ilfracombe and make a weekend of it chasing porgies 🙂 Hopefully get my 2022 season off to a good start. 
 

Ive already started looking at options to refuel in Ireland to get to the Alantic Shelf to see if can get a 6 Gill….

If you are looking for monster porgies, then head further down to Boscastle / Tintagel 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dan has done ok west of Hartland point. 
 

Refuelling choices ain’t great down there, I don’t think there is petrol in the marina in Padstow so I have to take enough to get there and back and for trips in the middle so careful calculation of distance etc required to see how possible…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, headlight said:

I"ve got 8 jerry cans you can borrow if you want.

That will give you an extra 160 litres.

That would prob do it with my spares 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do believe that u won’t need to reach the shelf for 6gills @Odyssey,

im sure they do get monster sixgills close in off Ireland. 
not frequent but defo there . I’m sure as close in as mile or so from shore certain ground and depth… if I’m not mistaken 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Do believe that u won’t need to reach the shelf for 6gills @Odyssey,

im sure they do get monster sixgills close in off Ireland. 
not frequent but defo there . I’m sure as close in as mile or so from shore certain ground and depth… if I’m not mistaken 

I’ll need to do some research this winter…. 
 

I doubt I’ll ever get one but it’s nice to dream 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I’ll need to do some research this winter…. 
 

I doubt I’ll ever get one but it’s nice to dream 🤣

Mike Sherwood probably be the guy to speak to mate , helpful bloke 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...