Weather window

Odyssey

47 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I thought about Sat, but it's our clubs annual jamboree Friday night

Don't think I'll be up for it somehow

I’m hoping to be out Thursday weatger looks great 🙂 

Anyone fancy a trip in the channel? 🙂 

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Weather looking good for Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun now. Surely there's a chance of at least one trip out?? 😬🤞🤞

Unfortunately the models are not in complete agreement. Met Office is showing F6, but GFS ( XC Weather etc) is showing F1, F2.

Currently Thurs looks Ok, weds was ok but now iffy. It is a week away, which is several lifetimes in forecasting terms.

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

Unfortunately the models are not in complete agreement. Met Office is showing F6, but GFS ( XC Weather etc) is showing F1, F2.

Currently Thurs looks Ok, weds was ok but now iffy. It is a week away, which is several lifetimes in forecasting terms.

Agreed. Still too far out to be getting excited, but at least the forecasts offer a hint of a trip. This time last week it was all high teens for as far as the eye could see.

2 hours ago, mike farrants said:

i'm still confident we can get out tomorrow morning - meeting at the marina at 7am and play it from there - reckon we'll be home by lunchtime just to see the mrs surface so we can watch the F1 qualifying! 

scrap that - my mate just cancelled. 

Just now, GPSguru said:

Yes, I am very hopeful that Thursday will hold as the models are beginning to show agreement.

Cardiff has shelter if stay inshore…

I was tempted to run back to Milford but will wait a few weeks 

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

did anyone get out then? 

I didnt I chose to do the xmas tree, decs, lights etc and watch the F1 on sunday! 

Was out for 20 mins in horizontal rain, came home 🤣🤣🤣

Taking @headlight and @Andy_B out Thursday thoigh 🙂 Going Minehead chasing cod, spurs conger huss and rays. Hopefully get a few fish on board 🙂