Tune of the day (or week, or month, or whatever)

Saintly Fish

14 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’d like to dedicate this to my mate @GPSguru

Pair of pricks, they were both from Middlesex, so not even from the east end.

However, I have found one of YOUR old youtube vids Jon ( @JonC ) only these days you have got hair around your mouth and talk like a .........🤣

Edited by GPSguru

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Think you need to buy the lad a tuner and a better guitar Neil. Sounds like G or B string slightly out.... He's doing well tho, keep the vids and keep doing them so he can see his progress

He is due a new set of strings TBF and he's not the best at remembering to tune the thing. Even though his teacher tells him every week. The guitar itself is a real good little 3/4 size Ibinez. 

3 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

He is due a new set of strings TBF and he's not the best at remembering to tune the thing. Even though his teacher tells him every week. The guitar itself is a real good little 3/4 size Ibinez. 

Worth getting it setup as well then. Ibanez can be good at the top end, some of the lower end ones maybe not so good. Deffo get a luther to set it up properly for him tho, he'll find it so much easier to play then

2 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Worth getting it setup as well then. Ibanez can be good at the top end, some of the lower end ones maybe not so good. Deffo get a luther to set it up properly for him tho, he'll find it so much easier to play then

Not sure what you mean by that?? Set it up?

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Not sure what you mean by that?? Set it up?

Yep, get the string heights set properly, pick up heights set, tension the neck so its completely true and set the bridge properly. All usually adjustable, sort of close enough outta factory. The action (can be raised or lowered) can be set to suit Leo

9 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Yep, get the string heights set properly, pick up heights set, tension the neck so its completely true and set the bridge properly. All usually adjustable, sort of close enough outta factory. The action (can be raised or lowered) can be set to suit Leo

So I would need to take him and the guitar to the service place?

11 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

So I would need to take him and the guitar to the service place?

Would be an idea if you want the guitar tailored to him yes, or take him to a guitar shop and buy him a better guitar, sorta £1000 new or a players grade quality guitar, say gibson explorer (early James Hetfield) or a gibson SG (think Angus), Get him to try as many as possible and tell the shop what he wants to play musically..... There are thousands to choose from these days......

I would hazard a guess he has the GRG M21?

The better the guitar, the easier he will find it to learn on and it will still have good resale value should he give up....

15 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Would be an idea if you want the guitar tailored to him yes, or take him to a guitar shop and buy him a better guitar, sorta £1000 new or a players grade quality guitar, say gibson explorer (early James Hetfield) or a gibson SG (think Angus), Get him to try as many as possible and tell the shop what he wants to play musically..... There are thousands to choose from these days......

I would hazard a guess he has the GRG M21?

The better the guitar, the easier he will find it to learn on and it will still have good resale value should he give up....

He has the Ibanez Gio Mikro. 
I'll be buggered if I'm paying £1k for a guitar just yet. 
I've found this guy who lives 10 mins from me, looks pretty good! 

https://www.royalguitarrepairs.co.uk/

33 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

He has the Ibanez Gio Mikro. 
I'll be buggered if I'm paying £1k for a guitar just yet. 
I've found this guy who lives 10 mins from me, looks pretty good! 

https://www.royalguitarrepairs.co.uk/

yup, that's the GRGM21.......

No, I get you don't wanna pay that for a guitar (that's actually classed as budget range lol), so I would go with the crown jewels setup. The guy should be able to give you pointers in future upgrades as well. I would also keep an eye out for another guitar , say next price range up but 2nd hand, that he can use for different sounds and alternate tuning, if he's going down the metal road having a guitar setup for drop d tuning is an essential.

Mikey has the choice of 3 guitars, well ok 2, that he could learn on and completely disinterested, he's just happy to listen. Christening him later this year, er have tickets to go see Saxon at Cambridge

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

This has been my earworm today ................. can't find the vid of Metallica doing a live cover, so we will have to do with the original from Plastic Bertrand.

Remember it well.....

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

Some friends of mine are getting married tomorrow… didn’t like this suggestive their first dance….

can’t see what’s wrong 😑 🤔🤣

An inspired choice! Especially for a wedding 😁

• 2 months later...