English lockdown

Odyssey

1 hour ago, iowspence said:

It seems as though your both right looking at the news now. I agree with Andy, should have been done earlier. Even a 2 week one over half term which would have reduced the disruption as kids and some parents already off...

That would have been too much, another week of school hols where the kids can't go anywhere. I was sure that was when it was going to happen mind....... Shame the fuckwits who think they can do as they like will carry on regardless and fuck Christmas up too

At the end of the day we need to stay safe. 

id rather miss a cod season and have a safe family 🙂 

I may not say that come Feb when they meet Emma and demand babies or something 🤣🤣😬 That’s been the one benefit of lockdown, I’ve escaped the introductions to my side of the family 🤣🤣

Edited by Odyssey

8 minutes ago, iowspence said:

Somethings got to happen Steve. Deaths rising daily, infections doubling. Predictions of multiple thousands of deaths if they don’t act now. It’s not even cold. Jesus, it’s 15 degrees last night!! I know they don’t want to do it but need to act as when the temps do drop it will be absolute Carnage...

Oh yeah, I know that, but what we have been seeing is the follow on from all the idiots out rioting, partying at home with 50 mates and generally carrying on as tho nothing is happening.

Those of us who have been behaving will be paying for it yet again. Yes, I am on a high risk category, but just taking normal precautions, fucked if I'm locking myself away because of the idiot element. My lad goes to school anyway, so that will be the biggest factor

5 minutes ago, iowspence said:

I completely agree with you mate. Since the start of all this we haven’t been out for a meal. I hate the thought of even going shopping. My missus had it and thought she was going to die, so I know the pitfalls of catching it, so am going out of my way of avoiding catching it. 

Yet as you say lots of people out there with not a care in the world!! 🤬🤬🤬

If you live with your Mrs Spence or saw her whilst she was ill, chances are you've already had it. Like me and my son. As you know my Mrs was ruff as f’ck for 19 days (like your Mrs). My son and I had a temp of 38/39 and a sore throat for 24hrs. 

19 minutes ago, iowspence said:

Quite possibly mate. I locked her in the bedroom and passed food and drink under the door for a fortnight and was absolutely anal with everything wearing ppe gloves etc around the house!! I felt fine, as did our son but as you say may have had it with no symptoms...

let’s see what comes out in the announcements...

Thing with it is, you probably had it before she even felt ill. 

1 hour ago, iowspence said:

Quite possibly mate. I locked her in the bedroom and passed food and drink under the door for a fortnight and was absolutely anal with everything wearing ppe gloves etc around the house!! I felt fine, as did our son but as you say may have had it with no symptoms...

let’s see what comes out in the announcements...

If I tried that I’d suffer far worse than COVID 😬😬😬

On a serious note is she ok now? 😬😬😬😬 

Hopefully this is for the best. I doubt we will get much more freedom in Wales so we’re all in this together 

Just now, suzook12 said:

Well, we're now joining in it seems, does this mean we can't go fishing or whatever?

It did say unrestricted exercise and recreation. I think it’s going to hinge on how marinas interpret the rules. 
dont see a problem with beach fishing.  

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

It did say unrestricted exercise and recreation. I think it’s going to hinge on how marinas interpret the rules. 
dont see a problem with beach fishing.  

ok, just wondered as never got to see/hear the announcement

6 minutes ago, iowspence said:

She’s ok thanks mate, but still has underlying symptoms from it 6 months later. She’s tested weekly now and has all the ppe in the home now so hopefully doesn’t catch it again.... 😬

How’s your missus now @Saintly Fish? All ok? 

Yeah she’s fine mate Ta. Had a voice box issue for a while but had an endoscopy (which I had to pay for) and as soon as she learnt that she didn’t have throat cancer she cleared up. A bit of a physiological symptom.