Boat sound systems/Music on board

I use a Black box Fusion BB100 with the additional power amp, configured as one zone with the fusion waterproof speakers mounted in the lower part of the console .............

Because Fusion is owned by Garmin, the plotters support Fusion which makes it a very integrated system ...............

Our Apple phones are  paired with the fusion system, usually running premium spotify ........... but I also have a 128Gb usb stick plugged into the black box  for when I am outside of GSM range ................

Anybody that puts on Country N western, Rap, or dustbn briber is usually fed to the sharks .............🥵

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Anybody that puts on Country N western, Rap, or dustbn briber is usually fed to the sharks .............🥵

🤣🤣 Quite right too, although I am fond of a bit of Dolly P every now and again 🤭.

My current boat doesn't have any music system and after looking into the pro's and con's I decided against fitting one in this boat. So on days where music is needed ( tends to be spearfishing sessions ) we take a JBL extreme 2 bluetooth speaker and stream what ever music fits the occasion from the phone. No holes or cables to interfere with transducer cables etc and easy to place anywhere in the boat, preferably next to the kids!! 

Another good thing is the fact the speakers are waterproof so we take them on the beach too, or should I say the kids bring them!!!

I have a cheap car stereo with standard car speakers. Works just perfect for fm radio. 
If I want to stream music or digital radio then I have a Bluetooth speaker that connects to the iPhone. 
neither are much good when under way, I’d rather listen to the engine anyway. 

58 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I have a Fusion that was in the boat when I bought it

I only recently found out that the front facia tilted forward which revealed an ipod that the previous owner left 

I don't think I would pay that sort of money if I had to fit one now

Result!

59 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I have a Fusion that was in the boat when I bought it

I only recently found out that the front facia tilted forward which revealed an ipod that the previous owner left 

I don't think I would pay that sort of money if I had to fit one now

Oh, and nice profile pic btw! 🤭

I picked up a fusion head unit with USB port to support IPhone etc. Was only £40 posted. All powers up etc, just need to wire it in over the winter.

Ive got speakers in cabin and on deck, will look into a switch mechanism so that I can turn off my deck speakers if I want to.

That way I can steam Spotify from my phone. I can download my playlist and play offline. 

Not sure if it’s compatible with my plotter, as it’s a Simrad NSE so may not work and I’m not upgrading my plotter just to play music 🤣

Don't need music on the boat, got a mate to take the piss out of. Love my hi-fi at home, wouldn't fit in a 30ft boat!  Never, ever, wear headphones as they remove you from the moment. Probably would if I Iived in an urban jungle.  Love the sounds of nature such as wind, trees, the water, birds, whales breaching etc

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

With most Fusion stuff you can have at least 2 speaker zones and you can switch off zones from the head unit ................

Cool 😎 

Ill need to check the wiring etc as speakers are already fitted so hopefully I can work out what runs where....

Finally allowed to boat now whoop! 

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Cool 😎 

Ill need to check the wiring etc as speakers are already fitted so hopefully I can work out what runs where....

Finally allowed to boat now whoop! 

I can take photos of the wiring on the back of mine next time I go down if its any help

Mine is wired in zones

Let me know

8 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I can take photos of the wiring on the back of mine next time I go down if its any help

Mine is wired in zones

Let me know

That’d be great 🙂 

Its currently wired to a standard car radio so will need to cut off connector and remake harness for it.

I maybe able to link it to plotter as well.... need to check on that it’s not a NEMA2K so will be 0813 connection.... 🤔

Edited by Odyssey

If it's like mine, there will be two or three pairs of wires that the L&R speaker cables are connected to, that serve Zones 1 and 2/3. I only have two speakers, connected to the wires for Zone 1. The wires coming out of the unit for other two zones are just left as flying leads that are wrapped up and tucked out of harms way. If yours are wired correctly, you'll have the speakers for the cabin wired to the Zone 1 wires, and the deck speakers will be wired to Zone 2. You should be able to select which zone to play on your Simrad when it's connected to the same network as your Fusion unit.