Angling to be allowed in England during November lockdown

Andy135

That's a ray of sunshine for my morning Ian! However the fun and games will begin when discussing the definition of "reasonable" distance on the roadside with a traffic officer... 😬

Any chance you can post a link to the source?

49 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

That's a ray of sunshine for my morning Ian! However the fun and games will begin when discussing the definition of "reasonable" distance on the roadside with a traffic officer... 😬

Any chance you can post a link to the source?

There is no definition, and a Police officer will not be able to argue 'reasonable' as it has not been placed into law, 'reasonable' is a government expectation of the population to follow ................ when you consider that Hardware, building supplies, food, bicycle, etc, are all open, then the Police are going to ignore general traffic. You may be more of a target at night, but as i say, the government have chosen not to include distance as a legality.

I think the Police will ONLY be interested in flagrant breaches, like Raves, muti-person gatherings, pubs and eateries that ignore lockdown etc ...............

What does the boat stack company say ?

I will try and post up the link later, once they have had the vote ......................

32 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

There is no definition, and a Police officer will not be able to argue 'reasonable' as it has not been placed into law, 'reasonable' is a government expectation of the population to follow ................ when you consider that Hardware, building supplies, food, bicycle, etc, are all open, then the Police are going to ignore general traffic. You may be more of a target at night, but as i say, the government have chosen not to include distance as a legality.

I think the Police will ONLY be interested in flagrant breaches, like Raves, muti-person gatherings, pubs and eateries that ignore lockdown etc ...............

What does the boat stack company say ?

I will try and post up the link later, once they have had the vote ......................

I suspect you're right Ian - the police will have bigger fish to fry...

I just spoke with Premier - it's business as usual for them. No furlough of staff. Only change is that they are not allowing overnight stays on boats, which doesn't affect me.

So, we just need to hear from the powers that be regarding boating and angling being permitted recreational activities...

7 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

And the key paragraph in respect of travel (for me at least)...

to spend time or exercise outdoors - this should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space)

42 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

And the key paragraph in respect of travel (for me at least)...

to spend time or exercise outdoors - this should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space)

You can’t get much more open than the solent. 

RYA is going to make a statement later on once they have reviewed the latest government guidelines. 

I would imagine a lot of marinas will take this into account 

This is what Davis's boatyard in Poole said.  They are next door to Cobbs Quay Marina who have now said we can access and use our boats, I wonder why?

Davis's Boatyard would like to make a statement to our customers and the boating community in general... Although social distancing and other safety measure continue to be adhered to..

.. WE WILL REMAIN OPEN AND FULLY OPERATIONAL THROUGHOUT LOCKDOWN TO SERVICE OUR CUSTOMERS AND KEEP THE INDUSTRY GOING.

we will never refuse our customers access to their vessels again unless we are physically prevented from doing this by the police.

Any Questions please call Lance on 01202 674349 
See less 

and with them being next door to Cobbs Quay Marina who have now said we can access and use our boats, I wonder why?

TBH, the marinas in South Wales are local authority owned and set the bye laws for waterways etc. 

Swansea Marina and barrage owned by Swansea council.

Cardiff bay barrage is controlled by harbour authority.

Mikford Marina is owned by Milford haven port authority who also set the bye-laws for the haven. 

They are not as likely to push government advice unlike private marinas who need to make money 

Sport England has confirmed that fishing is allowed, and that travel for fishing is permitted

Gf3FrPs.png

From this page: https://www.sportengland.org/how-we-can-help/coronavirus/return-play/frequently-asked-questions-about-national-coronavirus

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Thanks , I will put up a brief report on the turbo thread tomorrow. Good or bad😬

I’m sure it will be good, these people are professionals and you should have fitted it ok. It’s a formality.