LED deck lights / work lights

8 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

He hasn't even got a bike has he

No not anymore I don’t. Have had plenty in the past though. 
a 60mph smack into the rear door of a Clio put an end to that hobby though. 
that’s when I moved over to boats. 

28 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

No not anymore I don’t. Have had plenty in the past though. 
a 6mph smack into the rear door of a Clio put an end to that hobby though. 
that’s when I moved over to boats. 

6mph? You must have been proper having it! 

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Great for when you are back on the mooring etc, but you may need to fit some subdued lighting under the gunnels for when you are fishing etc .............

Yes. Intended use for this one is before and after a trip out, and when I'm working on her on her service rack in the dark. Head torches for night fishing to avoid draining the House batt.

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Girly ?? I don’t think you can call a motor that does 170mph and 0-60 in around 2.5 seconds girly. 

Actually, yeah I can! Bear in mind I have it's big brother in the workshop....... You may like the subtle addition, and even that's a bit girly!

https://flic.kr/p/2kaWR1V

Edited by suzook12

3 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Actually, yeah I can! Bear in mind I have it's big brother in the workshop....... You may like the subtle addition, and even that's a bit girly!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190690369@N08/shares/7pPrzh

That's a cute little bottle of fun right there! 👍👍

IMG_1541

You need to copy the link address, not the link text.

Open the photo on your Flickr, then (on mobile) tap and hold the image, then select Copy Image Address.

On computer, it'll be right click, then select Copy Link address (or similar)

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

Yeah, that's a small one compared to what's on my race bike, but then that's supplying an extra 125hp.......

So Fisty crashed a gurly bike then?? Wow...... Good job he didn't have a real one!! 🤣

I didn’t crash it, I was the victim of a stupid woman who didn’t stop at a junction. She crashed it for me.

It's easy to put up bikes that cost a small mortgage.  Bit like 'no you don't wan't that fiesta, what you need is this McClaren'.  We were talking about bikes that the average guy could aspire to owning without a lottery win!

5 minutes ago, SiDfish said:

It's easy to put up bikes that cost a small mortgage.  Bit like 'no you don't wan't that fiesta, what you need is this McClaren'.  We were talking about bikes that the average guy could aspire to owning without a lottery win!

Neither of those bikes I put up were lottery bikes. The lavarda when brand new was £9k and the MV around £13k

Sorry, 9K for a mid weight Laverda was a lot twenty years ago, but still too small to get on and will disappear into dust in winter.  An original 750S (70s) is nicer and around the same price.  The MV is just shy of 18K, and probably a lot more once essentail options (exhaust) etc are added.  Again, expensive for a middleweight, and worth SFA once it gets some salt or water rash.  I had a mate with an Agusta F4, beautiful as new but a mess after one winter (20k+ to buy). Bikes today are fashion accessories, just look in the classifieds at the mileage on 5 yr old bikes such as MV, Ducati etc.  Having a bike sat in a garage (heated) to use on just the odd summer weekend is a lottery bike, or is 10-20K, for something that isn't really transport, has only one seat and is only to be used without rain/salt just pocket money these days?  The bike we were discussing, the ZX12R, can be found for 3K and transport you every day of the year, reliably, out of the worst of the weather, fits all and won't melt in the wet or salt.  It is also ballistically fast (190+) and has a bullet proof engine.

1 hour ago, SiDfish said:

Sorry, 9K for a mid weight Laverda was a lot twenty years ago, but still too small to get on and will disappear into dust in winter.  An original 750S (70s) is nicer and around the same price.  The MV is just shy of 18K, and probably a lot more once essentail options (exhaust) etc are added.  Again, expensive for a middleweight, and worth SFA once it gets some salt or water rash.  I had a mate with an Agusta F4, beautiful as new but a mess after one winter (20k+ to buy). Bikes today are fashion accessories, just look in the classifieds at the mileage on 5 yr old bikes such as MV, Ducati etc.  Having a bike sat in a garage (heated) to use on just the odd summer weekend is a lottery bike, or is 10-20K, for something that isn't really transport, has only one seat and is only to be used without rain/salt just pocket money these days?  The bike we were discussing, the ZX12R, can be found for 3K and transport you every day of the year, reliably, out of the worst of the weather, fits all and won't melt in the wet or salt.  It is also ballistically fast (190+) and has a bullet proof engine.

Yeah and is common as muck. Who wants that. Give me the lottery bike any day ta. It’s nice to stand out a bit. 
the same analogy about being sat in the garage could (with imagination) be flipped onto our boats too. 
I do understand what you say about the lavarda and MV, and 20 years ago all I could afford was a CBR600fw. And I didn’t regard that as cheap. But these days, if I had a choice between a kwaka or a pretty looking gem that was as unreliable as a LR I’d still go for the gem. I’ve never been a fan of Kawasaki’s , don’t know why, they just never did it for me. I’d did have a nice jap import ZX4 in around 1993. It was very nice but nowhere near as fun as my RD350lc that proceeded it.